Why hasn't he told me he loves me yet?

My boyfriend has never said he loves me but we have been dating for a week... Is that something that comes later on or should it have been said by now?

Please do not post on this Thankyou.

Most Helpful Girl

• No one should say I love you that quickly. If you think one week is enough time, you likely need to spend less time dating. Assuming you're actually under 18, it's normal to be this idealistic and infatuated with someone, but don't let it cloud your judgement and make the relationship move too fast. Just take it slow.

What Guys Said 9

• He probably doesn't feel it. It's only been a week

• Because you're under 18 and you've only been dating a week...

• -_- really nigga he is dating you your not married, he doesn't have to love you he can just like you. Besides if he was to say it it would be a lot latter

• A week? No.

• A week? O hell no. Don't even bring that up unless you want him to last another week

• a week? have you told him? or no?

• A WEEK?
    Don't have sex with him and ask the question again in six months time!!

• A week?

• Because he has a brain.

What Girls Said 14

• uh, you've only been dating for a week. you just don't know each other well enough, nor are you mature enough to know what love is.

• And you'll tell me those same words if I posted the same question and said I was 21.

• yes, absolutely. whether you're 12, 20, or 112, you do not know someone well enough to know if or not you love them after only a week.

• You've only been dating for a week. It's not even a true long term relationship yet. If the L word hasn't been said by either of you by the 6 month mark, come back and ask this question. Until then, just wait.

• Later on! My god. It's been a week. 7 days... you don't love someone by then. You barely know them.

• Lol this is why children shouldn't be dating. :D

• First of all I'm not a child. I'm 16

• And all you've proved is how much of an insensitive human being you are who is selfish.

• Not at all. I'm being honest with you in an attempt to help. You don't need a boyfriend, worry about school and focus on developing as a person first. You don't know a thing about love, because you've clearly confused love with feelings and not action. You never answered my question. Why do you want a boyfriend? What purpose does that serve?

• It's way to early. I'd be concerned if he said it so soon

• It's a week... I'd wait at least a good six months before I used those words

• Seriously? It's only been a week. In due time he will (hopefully).

• This is a trolling attempt, isn't it? 😂
    If you're actually serious then you should know that a week is a ridiculously short time for falling in love. If he told you he loves you after only a week of dating, it most likely wouldn't even be genuine.

• Oh you're under 18 xD That explains it.

• It's not a trolling attempt- he's my first boyfriend and I'm new to all this so..

• Yeah, that's why I said that the under 18 thing explains it.

• The two of you have only been dating for a week, give it time. I know when my boyfriend first said he loved me it was for sure after a week and he was so nervous he asked me to say it first. I love you is a big deal, plus you don't want him to say it until he really means it so don't rush it and let him take some time.

• Add about a year then stress out lol

• It's only been a week. He shouldn't say it if he doesn't mean it.

• What makes you think that he even should?

• You're too immature to be dating.

• its only been a week. It takes some months at least to really love someone.