How much should I pay for the birthday present of the guy I've been dating for a month?

I am dating a guy (we are not exclusive) and his birthday is in a week. We have been dating about a month and I'm thinking of getting him a birthday present. He has been extremely generous with me by taking me out on expensive dates and he even bought me a gift last week just because he knew it was something I wanted.

I was thinking of spending $75-$100 on his gift because I'd say he has spent at least that (if not more) on some of the dates we've gone on. Does that seem reasonable even though he isn't my boyfriend and we aren't exclusively dating? If it's too much or too little, what should I pay?

Most Helpful Guy

• It's too much. Just a card

Most Helpful Girl

• oh gosh, that's way too much, especially if you aren't exclusive.

at the time of my man's 30th birthday, we'd only been dating for about 2 weeks. i had no idea what to get him, and i would have felt weird if he'd spent a ton of money on me if the situation was reversed... so i left work early, baked him a cheesecake, and had it ready by the time he came to pick me up. he loved it!

What Guys Said 5

• Did the guys below not read any of what she said? The guy has been generous, taken her out on expensive dates and bought her a gift... are you guys blind or something?

I think what you should do is to find a gift that he will really like and then worry about the cost. Of course have high quality in mind.

You are focusing too much on the cost which is interesting from a psychological view and actually says a lot about the ''relationship'' your priorities and so much more.. hmm.

Damn...

• Way to much... Get him a card.. and maybe some awesome sex

• Bake him a cake and have sex.

• No more than $10 in my opinion

• You've been dating for a month and you still aren't "exclusive"? Now you're willing to spend $75-$100 on him?

Somebody is gonna get their heart broken...

What Girls Said 1

• think thats a good price, if you find something he'd like thats less then don't feel bad either.