Should I date an ugly girl for practice?

I am really shy and never have had a girlfriend...

So I have been talking to this ugly girl, I really am not attracted to her...

But should I date to just get practice? or No?

Thank you for all the answers...

I would never want to hurt someone, I have been hurt before and wouldn't want anyone to go through the pain... I guess I didn't think it might hurt this other girl.

I just started talking to girl, I think she's into me... but that made me ask this question... because I am not into her...

So I will not date her just for practice and won't lead her on or anything... :)

Most Helpful Girl

• No. Would you like it if a girl dated you just for "practice" and dumped you when she was done? Probably not. Don't be an ass.

• Okay, I didn't know that was assy... Thank you...

Most Helpful Guy

• Don't do it. You will lead her on, for your own reasons, and hurt her, in the end. It isn't right!! A Good MAN, would never do that!
    So what SHOULD YOU DO? Like I would leave you hanging? :)
    I was REALLY SHY, and A TOTAL NERD!!! The best thing I ever did was accidental, at a job!! I was working as a janitor, when I went to college, and I had to clean offices and bathrooms, and all kinds of sht jobs, like you do, when young, and EARNING your way up to better things, right?
    I had to interrupt people, in their offices, when working late, to dump their trash, because if I missed one, my supervisor would btch me out, the next day.
    Some were high-level execs, and some secretaries, but I was a little freaked out, interrupting, just to dump their trash.
    But some said hello, and talked to me! (I was the only 'white' guy on the totally hispanic janitorial staff!! They told me some things they wanted, and some things that weren't getting done right, and I did them, and told my boss)
    After a few weeks, they were sending compliments, rather than complaints, about the things that I was taking care of, just talking with them!
    They were 'executive' types, and I was some peon, but I talked to them, and learned how to be confident, with that, not feeling shy, or being a 'minion' but greeting them, by name, later, and asking about their kids, and 'networking'!!! One of them helped me get a better job, a few years later, being the brother of the guy that would be my boss!
    Just talk to women, anywhere you can!! They don't bite!! Talk to the checker, at the grocery, or Walmart!! Make her laugh!! (sometimes they have some discount coupons that you didn't know about!!)
    Just get comfortable talking with the ones you don't know!! If you totally bomb, and flub it, and look like a fool, you probably won't ever see her again!! Move on, regroup, try again!!
    Talking with checkers, and making them laugh, is TOTALLY different than dating someone that you aren't interested in!! The checkers have no investment, and won't be hurt, the 'ugly' girl will really be hurt!!
    How would you feel if you were 'trial dating' her, and then dumped her, for another, feeling ready for some girl you liked, and then found out the 'ugly' girl killed herself because you dumped her?

What Girls Said 15

• How would you feel if a girl did that to you? Probably crying on here about how all women are bitches

Dont be a dick

• Bad idea.

Date people you feel attracted to, even if it's just personality that you like... Because it's not cool to play with people's feelings... And that aside... You just might end up falling in love with "said ugly girl" you're talking to... And why risk falling for Simeon that you're not even slightly attracted to? It's just a bad idea.. Because even if you eventually fall in love, in the long run you might be tempted to cheat later on in the relationship with someone whom you really are attracted to...

• Hell no. Don't waste her time and yours. Imagine finding out that someone dated you just for practice and actually thinks you're ugly... 😑 That's so dumb.

• No. Because she is going to sense that your using her and its a waste of time. Nobody wants to feel used. And eventually if she knows people, she will talk about what you did or doing. You don't want rumors to spread that your a user.

• think that might be a waste of time for both you and her... just have the courage and go for a girl you actually do like rather than using someone. Sure you might be a rejected a few times or so but eventually you might find worth going for and it'd be genuine too :)

• wow so many typos. might be rejected* and find someone worth going for*

• I think your personality needs practice my friend. For a man in his mid-late 20s you act like a child.

a selfish one at that.

• No, you should not.. She deserves better.

• No don't lead her on

• No that's horrible.

• I hope she dumps yea before you do

• Thats dick dudeee. dont be a dick.

• No. That's just like using her for your benefit and a dick move.

• ya, I'll be ur ugly girlfriend anon

• It's bad enough you call her ugly, now you want to lead her on too? What goes around comes around.

• NO! That's using her :( wow that's pretty hurtful

• I wouldn't want to hurt someone... Thanks for your answer.

• Your welcome :) sorry if I was abrupt I'm sure you didn't mean to hurt someone

What Guys Said 24

• Omg bro I want to throw a fu (king heavy blunt object at you at this very moment... lol!

Don't mess with peoples minds or hearts, you must still be a virgin and if you are that's ok but don't go messing with people as that's f (cked up. Get some confidence and get a girl you like until then don't screw up someone else for your selfish sh (t.

Someone needs to kick some sense into you or will one day, Karma, for one day some 'girl' is going to date you for practice or out of boredom and rip your heart from your chest and you'll only think back as you're reeling from the pain "this is how (insert this ugly girls name here) must have felt, I'm such an asshole".

Ok ok I'm a little harsh... how about you just be her friend and state that's all you want and show her the respect all humans deserve by allowing her a choice to walk away. Maybe she has a hot friend you would be attracted to, most likely she does and if you screw her over you might have karma kick you in ass. So the answer is 'NO to practice".

• Harsh... I didn't date anyone or her yet... But I am not going to date her...

• Kind of weird how there are two guys downvoting women who think this is a bad idea and yet they would be the same guys who cry about women being bitches for doing the same thing.

• Right? "Women are such bitches they just use men for sex and money how dare they!! But yeah go ahead dude, go practice with that ugly woman you don't even want to date, that's totally reasonable and nice."

• @lumos exactly. And look, one of them already noticed me lol

• Women are people too. This is an awful idea.

• No. Human beings are to be loved, not used and cast aside. That is incredibly basic, universal, morality.

• You can. But your not on this earth to practice but to learn. Can't practice what you don't know yet. If you can learn from her then by all means go on.

• That was the worst argument. So if I can learn from murdering someone, should I do it? No! Dating someone just for experience sake is very hurtful. It's crazy how you guys always complain about asshole guys getting their way and then you go ahead and just condone this type of asshole behavior.

• @lumos Why would you assume that you have to deceive her to do this? Not every girl can get male company whenever they want. Frankly it can be a mutually beneficial arrangement as long as both people are getting something out of it.

• @idiotmanchild that would be even more rare than just finding someone you actually like.

• Absolutely not.

No.

You're too vulnerable. You don't need date practice, you just need life experience. It will give you better social skills.

• C'mon this girl has feelings, how would you feel if someone dated you for practice till someone better came along.

• Well, don't have a relationship with her, that would be cruel. But you might take her on a date or even have sex (again, making it clear to her those things don't automatically mean you're committing to a relationship). People go on questionable dates/have questionable one night stands all the time: if people feel that automatically entitles them to a committed relationship with you that's their problem, as long as you weren't making false promises.

• I hope you die alone.

• You wanna practice how to deal with getting dumped? xD

• Look, you can do watever you want... but avoid making her living something that's not true. That kinda sucks.

• Oh, LOL.

• practice makes perfect

• You're horrible!

• Yes, practice makes perfect

• Stop wasting your/her time. Find someone you like.

• That's mean but yeah, go ahead

• Don't just date someone for the experience/practice. Date someone because you're genuinely interested in getting closer to them.

• Go for it. But I wouldn't think like that. Try to see her better side. Don't USE her just so you can "practice" whatever you need to practice.

• No you shouldn't.. it won't be beneficial for you at all, and would not help you in any way

• Yeah, realistically, if you have no other choice, you have to get your experience from somewhere...

• how do u know she's not using you for practice lol go for it

• I did

• I feel tempted to, because I think experience is more important for guys than it is for girls because guys are expected to lead