Is it worth telling him how I feel? We're so close as friends that I don't want things to get weird. But should I take the chance?

My friend and I have gotten so close in the last few months, that we are basically a couple. However, I want to actually make this a thing, but I'm not sure he feels the same way

Most Helpful Guy

• Don't play games, tricks are for kids.
    Not sure about something ask in a mature manner what he thinks after you tell him how you want to make it official. If he doesn't feel the same way you'll know then and there and save both of you time so you both can find others to be with. Otherwise you both can take it to the next level. You both are too young to be committed anyways, experience life. That's not to say you both can't be exclusive but realize that statistically you both haven't even formed your 'true selves' yet and more than likely you will not end up together in the long run, perhaps many years down the road you may, but you will be very different people at that time, inside still hold those values but much wiser to what you want and who you are. So have fun (just don't bring a child into the world) and have fun experiencing dating each other and life. Cheers.

Most Helpful Girl

• It's better to know than to suffer silently and maybe lose him. Some guys are shy and he might the same as you and is too scared to make a move. I say tell him. The worst is he doesn't feel the same and then my only comfort is that if your bond really was that close and good; it won't change. If it does then you two weren't as tight as you thought to begin with.

What Guys Said 3

• What's worse. Knowing the truth or wondering "what if" for the rest of your life?

• you only live once

• Take a chance for love, love is so rare and hard to find its elusive

What Girls Said 2

• If a friendship is ruined by the fact that one person confesses to the other, then I'd argue that friendship wasn't very strong to begin with. True friends wouldn't let that affect their friendship. Yeah it might be awkward for a while but it's something you get over and move on from. You just have to keep acting normal until it feels normal, if you get rejected. If you don't say anything, you'll always wonder what if.

• Y'all are close friends, why not talk to him? Chances are he does feel the same and if he doesn't y'all can still be friends, no problem. Don't take it too seriously. Life is full of opportunities for us to experience