Is it considered cheating if you break up with your bf/gf to be with someone else?

I just found out that my exgf broke up with me to be with someone else. When we were still together she met this new person through instagram and gradually gave me the cold bitch treatment and then ended it. Honestly, the dude is better looking and has a lot of money. Did she cheat on me? Is this normal? I mean is it just a part of the dating game? Do I need to worry that my next girlfriend could leave me for someone who's better looking and have more money etc?

I should add that they were flirting while we where still together. They would text each other and talk on the phone at nights. Thats why she gave me the cold bitch treatment, blaming it on work and stuff while secretly flirting and talking with someone else.
Trading pics on whatsapp etc

Most Helpful Girl

• It's cheating if they were doing stuff with the other person before breaking up with you. If they broke up with you before they did anything, then no, not cheating and they did the right thing.

• I second this.
      No need for me to write this one more time.

• I think that as soon as you do something that you feel like you have to hide from your partner, you're getting into the cheating territory, y'know?

• Yes thank you, I think the same

Most Helpful Guy

• Emotionally I guess, may have been physical as well if she's actively trying to find a new boyfriend while in a relationship, really scummy.

If that truly is all she did, not physically cheating so not really..
    If they were flirting and all this shit I dunno though.

• They were not physically cheating, just flirting, texting, talking in the phone and stuff like that.

• Yeah but you never know with those scummy bitches. Yeah emotionally she was totally using you as safety net and shopping around but if she actually didn't do anything with him maybe not in the general sense.

What Girls Said 5

• It is not cheating if they leave you to go be with someone else. It is cheating if they are with the person while they are still with you. She left you before she got with the other person. It isn't cheating, just being an ass.

• Honestly if I was in a relationship and my SO wanted to be with someone else I'd rather they break up with me first then go about their business rather than have then go behind my back and do it. Just because one relationship ended badly doesn't mean the next one will.

• No, its not cheating, but it's an extremely shitty thing to do.

• If broken up before going to the other person then nope unless they did something while together

• Um no? But make sure ur making the right choice and if the grass is REALLY GREENER on the other side buddy.

What Guys Said 14

• no.
    SHE LEFT YOU.
    It is only cheating if you sleep around while still with someone else.
    She didn't cheat on you with him, she left you for him. She was not with you, at all. Your relationship is done. Anything she does now has no bearing on you, at all.

• It may be a wise thing especially if that, "magical spark" is lacking in the original relationship. However, before leaving one for another, consider this...

The same people who are candy to our eyes can be poison to our hearts. Study their ingredients before feeding them to your soul.

• It's not cheating but I think it's pretty shitty behavior. I wouldn't want to be with someone who had a history of leap frogging relationships like that. I mean damn take a break and get your priorities straight to figure out what you want.

• Nope :)
    If you're cheating you're going to be loving someone while you're still in your other relationship

• as long as she didn't sleep with him while you two were together, couldnt really call it cheating. but she's definitely a player tough. just try to avoid red flags next time since you have first hand knowledge about this type of girl.

• No I don't think it's cheating but it still sucks. But I think it is relatively "normal" and I am worried about that happening to me too. I'm pretty jaded about humans though.

• You can't cheat without lying about it. Breaking up to be with someone else is not cheating.

• I am not sure, I like to believe it is.

• no..

• No, it would be cheating if he/she went with someone else while you were still together.

• It's hypergamy. It's not quite cheating on you, apart from emotionally.

• A real man breaks up before ever considering another women as a potential girlfriend. Like a boss!

• It's called upgrading or trading in.

• It's not cheating if they weren't doing anything. Sadly, she's just a bitch.

• They were flirting, and chatting

• Not nudes, but the point is that you are in a relationship and flirt, text and trade pics with another person.

• Honestly it sounds like you need to get over her, there was no cheating happening there bro. Find a girl to fuck so you can move one. Not trying to be an ass but she did't technically cheat, nothing's changing that