I feel like I failed in life?

I am 24 and i have not even experienced half the things 24 year olds experienced in life... i have , never had a boyfriend, good friends, sex (i never tried it) , and i feel like a huge loser for living at home. I am behind everyone in life. I feel sad, i missed out on so much in life. How can i not get depressed?

Most Helpful Guy

• Stop thinking about what you don't have, which is depressing you. And think about your right now (hopefully there is something good about what you can do right now) and some hope for the future.

What's happening is your brain is producing chemicals which make you feel miserable. It does that because of the things you are thinking and to a degree who you are receiving/perceiving the world. Change how you think, and you will get the good chemicals that feel good. Read the book "Mind as Healer, Mind as Slayer"... that is where I started to learn this because I was doing the same thing you are. People get "hooked", that is trapped on artificial chemicals (e. g. drugs) becuase they cannot figure this out. Those drugs though cause other problems and they are not worth it when your own brain will make everything you want and need, just needs unlocked. That's where the Bible comes in... love is what we need and want to give.

All you have is time... time to learn how and to love. By spending time thinking about things you don't have, you are wasting the time you have. That will turn into regret, which is another negative thing.

Take control today, make it better than yesterday... one step at a time.

So... think about this... its sunny outside, correct? Go out and experience it... just something simple, warmth of the sun, touch a tree or flower... experience it fully. Joy will be revealed!

• but i have no friends , no best friends to hang with, no love, never lived. Its enough to want to end it at 24 , i regret a lot

• Where do you live (like country, area). How is your physical condition... can you walk, move if you want to?

Regret is one of the greatest of poisons of the mind and heart. I was there, it is a bad place. There is a way out of it, but you have to choose it, no-one can do it for you. Do you know how?

thanks for the mho angela!

Most Helpful Girl

• Girl you are in your prime years and there's nothing wrong with being a virgin at 24. Take your time and let it all fall onto your lap. Honestly I'd rather to have not experienced good friends than to have gone through a dozen of shit friends just to find the good ones 😂 I lost my virginity at 16. I regret who I lost it to so be mindful of who you give it to. A virginity is a precious and sacred thing so only the best of the well deserving should be honored to take it. It's also not hard to get a boyfriend I mean good guys are everywhere. Unless you're picky. In order to experience these things you have to be willing to put yourself out there. Don't be a caged bird. Join a yoga class, go to a hair salon... whatever. I meet people any where I go. Just be sociable. And living at home isn't all that bad. My friend said you should have your things together by 25 at the most. You're still fine and even if you surpass 25 and still at home... Fuck whom ever is concerned about where you stay.. it's your choice. Girl don't be depressed. If you need a friend... I'm here 😁😊! I don't have that many friends 😂

What Guys Said 14

• There is hope. Get a clear picture of what you want your life to be. Make a plan to get there and work hard at the plan. It's not were you are now, it's were you are going. There is always disappointment but that's the price to getting were you belong.

• you're a women nobody expects any monetary stability from you. even now women mainly work in the public sector so women as a whole are not able to survive in this world without men paying for them. the friends part thats rough. you need to get out there.

• Life isn't a race; it's a marathon. You just need to live life. Find new people

• A woman your age with no female friends? Women normally have close female friendships & tend to stick together. You haven't missed out , you are only 24 & it's very easy for a 20 something woman to get a boyfriend , you can afford to be picky. Is it possible you may have un-diagnosed clinical depression? I've had to battle that before , it sucks the life out of you.

• Alright, girl, first of all, you're not a loser for never having to experience those things. You come to the internet, and it sounds like everyone has had sex at your age. In truth, there are a lot of people who haven't. Also, it's okay to live with your parents. I honestly don't know why there's a stigma against that. Do you know how hard the economy is? It would be senseless to struggle and live on your own when you can just save up money, and do something more meaningful in the future.

• Yes i agree. Cherish your time with family and feel lucky you have their support and less worries financially.. Don't blame yourself having that lifestyle - im sure you ave reasons why is that so, and feel out of place coz you dont have the "usual" life at your age. Just be yourself, people will naturally be inclined to be with you and you'll meet more people eventually. For now, meet your closest friends, be it one or two, who cares. It's better to have few but close friends right? rather than the other way around. Cheer up!

• im 24 and im totally like you, never even touched a girl before, dont have any friends, so i would suggest you to just calm down and have some hope. you have not failed, people who failed are those who give up, but you didn't so dont think like that

• Hard Love Mode: Stop whining... woman up and do what you wanna do.
    People in their 60's are now making life changes I'm sure you got time... it's never too late.

• By catching up.

• Well you're a girl you can get sex from a lot of guys if you want, its really not that hard...

Random sex won't change your depression though, you gotta become more active, social, workout, and see a doctor/counselor. Find something to keep you busy

• Everyone loses something in life, you can't have everything in life. Appreciate what you have and things you have done. Start travelling, go on a adventure on something, but be safe in that

• You have. Better start succeeding then.

• there's plenty of time aheaf. you just started

• The race is not for the swiftest but for those who endure it to the end

• I find it harder to believe for a girl to be single this long then for a guy because girls don't have to initiate

What Girls Said 7

• You not behind in life, stop lying to yourself. I'm the same age and like you. But I'm at home because I am not financial stable yet to do so, and i just lose a parent who I was a caregiver to. You have not miss out on anything. You have good friends, spend more time with your friends. You don't need a relationship to feel and be happy. You should be happy to the point that you want to share that happiness with somebody else. Otherwise that's why nobody asked you out, unless you wasn't looking to date them. Don't be depressed about it. It is normal.

• How can you not feel depress? By not comparing your life to others. It's as simple as that. Focus on YOUR life and living it to the fullest. You did not missed out on anything. You are still young & you have your entire life ahead of you. You're not a loser for living at home. I am in my 20's too and I live at home and I am no where near ashame of it because I'm being smart financially so who cares what anyone wants to think? What is your reason for living at home? Whatever reason it is, that is your reason. No one has that right to tell you you're a loser for living at home. And you are NOT behind everyone in life. It's your mentality that's making you feel so down. Once u change ur mentality, I promise you, everything will be so much better. Set goals in life, work hard to achieve them, indulge in your favorite hobbies, give back to ur community & never ever let the life of other people make u feel depress. I hope this helps you & I wish u all the best!🙃

• you can do something about it and make a change. get out there and make something happen for urself...
    u can try taking medication and c if that elevates ur mood and motivates u...
    think about all the good things u have had, even if they are small. u have to really appreciate what u do have, and work for what u dont

• I'm 26 and I still live at home. But just realise you can change all this and the fun part is you get to experience these things for the first time soon :)

• My dear, you have only just started life. Your 20s and 30s are about figuring yourself out, and some may take longer than others. No problem. Living at home is great, you save money and spend time with family. Think about what you truly want (forget what others do unless you want it) and reflect on what you can do differently to get there. You will be fine and many of us relate to you :)

• A lot of people get successful later in life, the guy that started kfc was 65 and the guy that started craigslist was 40-something.

• Hey. I'm 28 and I never had a boyfriend... don't worry :)