I have a good relationship now but it still bothers me that she treat me bad in the past. How to deal with this feeling?

I am in a relationship with this girl. Today she really loves me and treats me really good. I am happy with her but it bothers me that in the past (last year) she didn't love me honestly and was leading me on. She broke up with me in a bad way and said some mean things to make me go away. I didn't do anything bad to her :( I was a good boyfriend back then and she didn't want me and told me she still thinks about her ex. All that time I didn't leave her ( yeah I know pathetic) and I stayed with her as a friend.
Some months later she changed her mind and started to treat me good. She said she did a mistake and that she really loves me. And her saying she was thinking about her ex was a lie to make me go away because she way not ready for a relationship. I said okay and gave her a chance and today she is really great but it's always in the back of my head how she way before. How she told me I am a mistake, she never loved me... and some other things I am ashamed to say :(
I tried talking to her about it all but she always says its just the past don't let it affect us today.

How do I deal with this situation?

Most Helpful Guy

• Well I would say the best way to deal with that problem is to realize it's already been dealt with. The problem was that she wasn't treating you well, and now she is. Problem solved. If you really care for her and want to be with her, you gotta forgive her and happily move on together, otherwise you finally got what you wanted, but your going to ruin it over the past.

What Girls Said 2

• Well she can't change the past and neither can you. I mean as sucky as it is she can't back and change no matter what. You'll have to put it behind you and move forward. Guilt tripping her or making her feel like shit about is not going to help you or your relationship. If it's not something you can let go then you need to reconsider if this is the right relationship for you <3

• U either need to let it go so u can move forward and b happy with her, or u need to let the whole relationship go so u don't have to b feeling that way... it's not fair to either onr of u for that to b holding ur true happiness back...

What Guys Said 0