I want to trust him but I don't know if I should?

He was the one initiating everything, from first dance to first kiss. I went with the flow and we've been dating for 3 months. We're gonna be apart for some time so he panicked and broke up with me about 3 weeks ago. The day after, he panicked again and realized he had strong feelings for me so we got back together (after negociations). Relationship-wise, everything has been perfect, he gives me everything I need and treats me like a princess. We are happy and we even considered further commitment. I was fine until yesterday. We were talking and he started boasting about how he "got" me and that all the tricks he tried on me to get me worked. I played along then brushed it off, thinking he was just being silly. We went out later but I couldn't enjoy myself because I was so concerned by what he said. He felt my discomfort, asked about it so I spat it out. I told him that I was upset that he talked about "getting" me like he did, that he made himself look like a player, and that he made me reconsider my feelings for him and my trust in him because I was convinced his were inexistent. Plus, I have enormous trust issues. He gave me this speech about how I was the one who made him fall for me and that, when he realized he had feelings for me, he tried to look for flaws in me so he could find an excuse to dump me. He said he couldn't find any, that I was "perfect", that he loved me and that I make him very happy. But after what he said, I feel like I can't trust him. I feel hurt and betrayed. And I'm scared that he could be lying and that he'd play me like the other guys before him did (while they pretended they loved me). He replied that he wasn't like them and that he would never hurt me, all those nice things. The rest of the evening went well. But I started thinking about it again this morning. I know that couples have issues like this, but this one seems to be unsolvable.
What should I do? Am I just overthinking and worrying for nothing (I have a tendency to do so)?

What Guys Said 2

• Hell no clearly he's a player... look who really breaks up with someone and then the next day realizes they have feelings for them? Is he slow or something? And then to tell you that he wanted to break up with you so he was just looking for reasons... hello red flag, this is the type of dude that just looks for reasons to break up with a chick... and the icing on the cake, him figuring out that you're perfect and how much he loves you... so sweet it makes your heart melt... total player line, and you've been through it before it sounds like you recognize what's happening trust your gut

• you shouldn't

What Girls Said 0