Would you date girl/guy with autism?

Why and why not?

0|1
11|17

Most Helpful Guy

• Depends on our connection and chemistry much the same as anyone else. Obviously there are different levels of autism but once I felt through full and honest communication we understand the dynamics and issues of a relationship. There will be things we both have to work at for her and me but if we can get beyond that, why not?
    I do feel like it is like the evolution of any relationship just with a lot more visible issues than other budding relationships that may have potential issues unseen and once the autism issue is handled it is probably a lot plainer sailing than other people because from what I hear people with high functioning autism are very straightforward, what you see is what you get.

1|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• yup to both bc they dont lie!

sorry for the stereotyping here.. they usually have a different way of looking at things. i tend to like people with functional autism they are just direct i trust them. so far anyhow.

2|1
    0|0
    • Trust me, they still lie.

• Show All
    • I honestly can't say, but the only way to know is getting a formal diagnosis

• @Waffles731

interesting. then my assessment was totally out of line. thanks:)

What Guys Said 16

• I was hanging out with a lady last year who said she divorced her husband after many years of marriage and even raising their kids to adulthood. She said he had Asperger's and she could no longer deal with his issues. Funny that there are 3 men who she hangs out with who are all 3 like that. I knew her through a shared hobby but I quit hanging with her because she developed a certain coldness towards me. The 3 guys she does hang out with are all involved with the hobby so that is how I know them. Funny she gravitates towards that.

I know that doesn't answer the question you are asking, but I think it is just a side note on my part. LOL...

1|0
    0|0
  • I'd certainly give it a go. Nothing ventured, nothing gained. If it didn't work out, at least I would have done my very best.

2|0
    0|0
  • Yeah, I'm doing that right now actually.

2|0
    0|0
  • 99.9% no.

1|0
    0|0
  • I would. Do autistic girls and guys date?

1|0
    0|0
  • Can happen, who knows.

1|0
    0|0
  • Yes, I would I'm on the spectrum and am about as high functioning as they come

1|0
    0|0
  • i dont even think id notice but im a rather cold man to begin with

1|0
    0|0
  • I wouldn't even notice, probably.

1|0
    0|0
  • I thought autism was mostly a guy thing. Like most girls are already born autistic

1|0
    0|0
  • If it's something mild like Aspergers, yes.

2|0
    0|0
  • I have autism, so I don't see why not.

1|0
    0|0
  • No, because it takes too much care.

0|0
    0|0
  • I would have to see how they act

0|0
    0|0
  • Sorry to say no but from experience in know who hard work it is.

0|0
    0|0
  • It all depends on the type of autism and how well they're functioning. I would definitely date someone with autism if I loved their personality.

1|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 10

• Yes, I have in the past and probably will in the future :)

1|0
    0|0
  • I think so but I would need to read more about it.
    And I said yes because I am somewhat familiar with it/ (what autism is, etc)

1|0
    0|0
  • Friendship? Yes! I know several people who has aspergers/autism and they are the nicest people ever.
    Dating? Hard to say, but I would probably have to pass.

1|0
    0|0
  • No cos we will just stare at each other rather than talk

1|0
    0|0
  • Yes, and because if I fell in love or really liked someone I would give it a go.

1|0
    0|0
  • My 9 year old cousin has autism. I wouldn't date an autistic guy though. Even though I'm ADHD I think it wouldn't work out. I might be a special ed teacher when I'm older though.

0|0
    0|0
  • no. i work autistic individuals and they don't have an understanding of everything in the world works

0|0
    0|0
  • Id give it a try

1|0
    0|0
  • I first hand know how people with autism work, my brother has autism and he's very frustrating. I love him but he's very difficult to work with. So no, I'd be friends with someone who has autism. But me personally, I do not have the patience nor tolerance for being in a relationship with someone who has autism.

1|0
    0|0
  • Yes I would date a guy with autism

1|0
    0|0