What is considered "chasing a guy"? Is simply asking a guy out considered chasing?

I was talking to a family member who proclaimed I was "desperate" and have a "lack of self confidence and respect" because I asked a guy out and didn't allow him to pursue me. He really tried to make me feel small, saying I had issues with myself and being alone and all this other crap.. When literally all I did was ask a guy out who I have a crush on. I never ask out guys either because I rarely have crushes in general. But I thought woah! I actually really am diggin this guy, and because I am confident in who I am inside and outside, I thought why wouldn't he say yes? (He did say yes if I may add). But then my fam member said it'll always be me doing the work from here on out, that it'll never be equal and I'll always like him more. How is this so? I don't understand why all of this is assumed just because I felt confident to ask a guy out myself to get the ball movin?

Most Helpful Guy

• There's nothing wrong with asking a guy out; you're not desperate

Most Helpful Girl

• I consider chasing someone when you are persistent in pursuing them. I also consider it chasing when a person shows lack of intereset by not responding to messages etc but you continue to initiate contact

Approaching someone and asking them out is assertive and shows confidence. It doesn't mean you are desperate , it means you are confident in yourself to go after things you want. Instead of sitting back and expecting others to pursue you.

What Guys Said 5

• this person sounds like an idiot to be honest.

• Don't listen to him/her, there's nothing wrong with asking a guy out

It should be common sense what is considered chasing, what would you consider chasing?

• I don't know I feel like chasing is a strong word for just asking someone out. Chasing to me is if a guy is not being receptive and if I continuously try to meet with him or see him... Like if he says no and I say how about ___, or if I keep asking him out.

• Fuck what your friends and family think...
    Just go for it

• first off, there's nothing wrong with a girl asking a guy out, its actually whats expected, and is the girls job anyways, your family member is just stupid, and doesn't know what they are talking about. dont listen to them. its your life, not theirs.

1 private opinion(s)
Only the asker and the opinion owner can see it. Learn more

What Girls Said 0