My girlfriend never gets jealous, at all, and it kinda pisses me off. Help?

So I've been going out with my girlfriend for like 5 months. For the last one, I've been backpacking, meeting new people on the road , having loads of fun. I trust her and she trusts me, but the thing is that before we started going out she went on about how she didn't really liked monogamy and blablabla. At the time we were just friends. When she got into me, I specifically told her that I dont like open relationships, so if we wanted to date we can't see other people.

Anyway, she seems to have accepted these terms, but it drives me crazy that with me out on the road she doesn't even get a little jealous about me going out with for example a group of 4 girls, all of them really gorgeous. And its like, i dont want her to be a paranoid girlfriend, just to playfully maybe mention watch out with those 4! Or something like that, you know? Never... not once... and I know its all about me and my insecurities but I just can't help to link that to the fact that she said she didn't like monogamy, although she agreed to said kind of relationship and I trust her word.

I dont want to lose her over my own mind games. Thoughts?

Ok, I did recognize it wasn't a good thing to feel. I just wanted some thoughts to help me get through this bad feeling. You know, sometimes people aren't all good vibes. Sometimes they have bad feelings that are hard to control. Thanks to the few people that didn't actually insult me and just put themselves on my shoes. I do deserve a girlfriend because I work hard at trying to be the best for her. This thread is an attempt to do so.

Most Helpful Girl

• I think you should just be grateful, she trusts you and because her views on monogamy doesn't seem to be matching with yours but accepts your terms she's just not "built" to be quite jealous, don't get me wrong there's a difference between open relationships and cheating so yes she'd be hurt by that but I think she's just okay with knowing you want only her.

What Girls Said 16

• I can relate to a point.
    I didn't used to think my boyfriend got jealous until I bumped into my ex once and he asked me about it and he even later admitted to getting jealous over my ex and when I mention people who he thinks are boys and also when people are by me or something.

I think perhaps your girlfriend doesn't get jealous since if she says she doesn't really like monogamous relationships, this probably means she's been in some polygamous relationships before and so is used to the people she's with being around other girls and thus has learned to deal with jealousy or something.

Another slight possibly is that she does get jealous but is simply hiding it. Some people are good at hiding stuff like that.

• Stop playing mind games! Why would you want to make her jealous? That is very wrong of you. Stuff like that is asking for a breakup. Jealousy is insecurity and immaturity. A relationship can not last on that. It's destructive and your going to hurt her. Stop doing things thats going to make her regret dating you. If she doesn't, she trusts you. And most of all she isn't so immature and clingy to the point she has to throw a hissy fit over a outing with 4 girls. As long as those 4 girls are just friends, and are not sexually interested in you, or make you go as far as you end up cheating. There shouldn't be an issue, and you shouldn't ask for it. Never play around with jealousy. Jealousy is a very serious offense and transgression against the person.

• Sounds to me like the issue isn't her lack of jealousy but that you can't get her comments about monogamy out of your head. Honestly, I don't know what the answer is there...

• You're whining about a really self-absorbed non-issue.

• Most guys would live to have a girlfriend that never gets jealous. When she does get jealous, you'll probably start moaning about it. Lol! Jealousy isn't always good, it can be dangerous.

• You can't have a relationship without trust, man. Tell her how you're feeling and explain to her your paranoia so she can reassure you and put those feelings to rest.

• People often consider that jealousy is a proof that your significant other truly loves you which is wrong. People get jealous when they're not confident enough. You wouldn't be jealous if you knew your partner couldn't easily find someone like you, would you?

• You're overthinking. Don't go rocking the boat because there aren't any waves.

• That's so annoying! A little jealousy is nice

@suitandtie 😉

• i would be the exact same way. I never get jealous because I'm confident when I'm with someone that they went to be with me. She's not insecure, which is a good thing.

• Believe me.. Everyone gets jealous but she probably hides it out of either shame or pride. No one wants to openly and purposfully express jealousy..

• You can be jealous and not want to show it.
    She could still be a little jealous but also know she didn't have to worry and recognize there's no point in bringing it up.
    Maybe she just really trusts you and isn't jealous.
    Maybe she is jealous but doesn't want to look clingy and wants to "walk the walk" to match the things she previously said.

If you are confident she cares about you don't worry about it. It means you're treating her well and she's not freaking out.

• Stop being immature or you're going to lose her

• She sounds really self confident! Keep her.

• My husband was like you when we were still dating. He would get mad that i dont get jealous of him, as it makes him thinks that i dont care or love him. Honestly at that time, i just trust him enough to be faithful and loyal to me as how i am to him. It didn't have anything to do with me not caring or loving him. So yeah, we both tend to argue a lot about it back then. But once we got married, he stop being like that, and now i feel a bit like he's no longer jealous of me because he doesn't care about me anymore. That was his perspective of it anyways, so i wouldn't be wrong to think of it a bit that way.

• Some people just can't seem to appreciate what they have *sigh*

What Guys Said 9

• Lol wtf. You sound mad insecure dude.

• You sound like me when i was 16 bro beans, drop that attitude pronto. A virtue to follow is that of the benefit of the doubt dude.

• Sounds like you problem. She trusts you. That's a good thing.

• Don't rub it in her face. What the fuck are you doing? Of course she'll be jealous to some degree; she's human. She's just playing cool and nonchalant.

• She's cheating on you.

• All I can say is you're crazy. I'll never understand how people like you have a girlfriend. I don't know, maybe she is as crazy as you, but it doesn't sound like it. She actually sounds somewhat normal.

• My woman get jealous of cats

• maybe she want's you to bring them home so she can get a piece of them too.

• She must trust you but you think she isn't worried because she could be hanging out with other guys because of what she said but I would be happy to have a girlfriend like that who would trust me and not start fights over jealousy