Did the Date go bad?

Ok so my date and I work together at a summer camp, and he finally asked me out to the movies as a first date. When we got to the movies his mom was there so kinda a turn-off but w. e we saw the movie we talked in the movies a little bit and I was throwing hints to him to make a move but he wouldn't. There was this one moment when he finally put his hand next to mine but he didn't make a move. At the end of the movie, we went outside and he told me he had to go since his mom was waiting for him right there. He hugged me and said see you Monday. And he hasn't texted me at all. I don't know what's going on. Did he hate the date? does he no like me no more? Did it go bad? Explain.

Most Helpful Girl

• I think he wanted to go with his mom on a date in the first place. And took you as an excuse to not publicly declare incest. jk obviously.

No but he lost it. You didn`t do anything wrong whatsoever. And maybe his mom forced him to have her there. I don`t think he wanted his mom there anyway

• His mom has to approve any girl he dates, so she has to go with him on the first date! And maybe the second!

So embarrassing to have you Mo there, that now he is embarrassed to contact her at all!

• @martyfellow Ofc it`s odd. They are both adult why would he need to have his mom with him. I understand if they are in their 4 th date.

What Guys Said 5

• He was probably having a hard time opening up because mama was there with you guys. That'd ruin any date if you ask me. I sure as hell wouldn't want to be worrying about what she might think while all I'm really trying to focus on is you.

• yea it went badly. his mom was there? thats unreal.

• Sounds okay

• He's not going to make a move in front of his mum. In this case he was expecting you to make the move. He probably thought you didn't like it because of the awkwardness.
    Maybe his mum said something about you and thats making him think because you know how mothers can be critical.
    by the way you can't be 'throwing' hints if he's watching the movie lol. I wouldn't say it was bad but it's definitely wasn't good.

• news flash, girls control relationships with guys. "no means no" yeah that's because girls control the relationships. idiot

What Girls Said 4

• That sounds awful...
    Maybe it's a good thing be didn't message u...
    Or u could message him and c what's going on...

• My friend told me to text him and I did saying "Hey I had a good time on our date " and he hasn't responded.

• Maybe he's just busy... but did u actually have a good time?

• yeah cause I didn't hate it or sit there bored to death , but now I see him tomorrow and i don't know what to do.

• Oh my god, his mom was there. That's not a date. He probably didn't feel comfortable she was there and he was probably embarrassed afterward.

• That sounded horrid

• Hard to tell cuz his mom being there prob bugs him more than you. Dont assume it was bad just be persistent.