Why do some women not show signs that they're interested/keen?

I'm quite interested on this woman at work. I somehow think she fancies me or at least thinks I'm attractive.
We always catch each others eyes and she always seems to look away (when I catch her looking) doesn't smile, has that resting bitch face or tries to hide her keenness.

Any advice?
I am naturally a happy chappy kind of guy so I always smile at others however I somehow find it difficult to smile at women I fancy...

Most Helpful Girl

• She probably doesn't think of you romantically. You might be cute or attractive to her but she doesn't want to escalate things. Also you're at work, it's hard enough to be taken seriously at work for us sometimes and complicating things with relationships just isn't worth it. Shit floats around the office and it affects us in unfair ways. Don't push it unless she makes a move.

• We are at work yes. That is the ONLY thing stopping me from not making any attempt to court her.

Most Helpful Guy

• if she does not show interest then i always assume she is not interested, thats the safest thing to do i think. because there is no way to know if she is really uninterested or if she is interested but just not saying it. to avoid uncertainty i just assume she is not interested and move on.

What Girls Said 8

• Offer her a cup of coffee or invite out with your group when yo go to lunch, or whatever. Some gesture that gives you two a chance to exhange pleasantries if she wants to. If she turns down a free cup of coffee from the company pot or doesn't want to walk down the street with a lunch group, then give it up. Don't put her on the spot by pushing.

• if she's not showing any interest, its possible that there isn't any.
    but if you really want to kno, the best thing u can do is ask her our for drinks or something. then you'll kno for sure and u can move forward with her or move on and not find it hard to smile at her anymore :)

• Her not being inter2is the safest net yes. However i haven't really tested the waters, i need to smile at her at least to get some sort of reaction.

• She could be shy or insecure like me. I know I am not attractive, and so when I like a guy I never show it because I assume they don't like me back.

• Really thats horrible to think that way sorry to hear. No person should think they are unattractive. Ever.

• she may like you, but if she never smiles at you, i would question it. usually after time has passed, a girl gets more comfortable and can start smiling at you. just my take.

• She may not be attracted to you or she may not want to get involved with a co-worker

• I won't show signs if I'm not interested or if I'm not interested in becoming anything.

• It might be that she wants you to chase her.

• For me its either because I am not interested or I am not confident that he is interested

• That is the conundrum i am currently facing

What Guys Said 2

• shy, insecure, you're not engaging her enough, you're not squashing her problems about being with her. such as you're too popular with the ladies, and doesn't want to deal with competition. driving off the competition would create a void she wouldn't have a problem filling. though that's just an example. you've got to talk to her & figure out what's stopping her from being with you if you want to make it happen.

• Absolutely agree with your take :)

• Because their shy