Tall girls (5'8 and up): would you date a hot guy whom was shorter than you?

Let's say the guy was hot, masculine, kind, caring, and had a rock-hard body. The only problem is that he's, say, 5'7 or so, which is shorter than you. Would you care, or would you still be sexually-attracted to him?

Most Helpful Girl

• If he's cool with me being taller, sure, there's just too many guys with a height complex out there. At 5'10" I also wouldn't date someone if the height gap was too big, no giraffe and no midget for me.

Most Helpful Guy

What Girls Said 17

• As you probably know, my husband is about 3 inches shorter than me (I'm about 6'2", he's about 5'11"). And, I'm an inveterate shoe whore -- like, we're talking 5-6" heels EVERYWHERE, with the gym as pretty much the sole exception -- so, in public he's normally more like 8" shorter than me.

Doesn't matter even a tiny fraction of a shadow of a shit. Next to that boy, I feel like a teeny tiny little bitty little girl.

We've been together 16 1/2 years, married just over 15, and I can't remember anyone so much as casting a derogatory glance in our direction, much less actually daring to say anything aloud.

__

Also -- 2 more things.

1)
    For as long as I can remember, I've been MOST attracted to... powerfully built guys. Lean and mean, compact, powerful bodies, with an ideal physique.
    And, well, it's simple fact: Men's proportions are closest to ideal when they are between about 5'6" and 5'11". (If Da Vinci's Vitruvian Man -- the ideal dude in a circle -- were a real person, he'd be about 5'7".)
    For men my height and taller, it's REALLY hard to lean out without starting to look too stringy and sinewy for my tastes.

2)
    As you know, I'm attracted to dominant men -- like, men who are ACTUALLY dominant.
    Any sort of man whose feeling of "dominance" would be enhanced by being taller -- or, worse yet, enhanced by being with a woman who's really short -- isn't actually dominant at all. In fact, quite the opposite.
    So, being with a man who's shorter than me is actually a VERY good filter for this sort of thing. Gets rid of faux-dominant guys, insecure guys, and guys who are overly concerned with superficial appearances *immediately*, and leaves the real men. Let's play. <3
    I've actually never had a boyfriend taller than me, so, I guess that must mean something.

• yes, every man I've ever dated has been my height or shorter except for my current boyfriend. (he's 6'6) I must admit I definitely prefer to be with someone taller than me, however I can still be sexually attracted to shorter guys.

• Sure, and I'm about 6'2" tall

• Probably not...

• not even anon. keeping it a 100

• just think of it as something other than sexual characteristics, just desirable qualities. i mean girls like qualities that aren't sexual, even non-physical things like cobfidence. guys like butts and boobs. lets just put all together as desirable qualities.
      now we could say that confidence in men is as desirable for woman as an hourglass figure, for women, is for guys. would you agree?

• just something yo start with

• NEVER!!!

• If I was 5'8" I'd say yes but I'm not so I won't 😉

• Never.

• i would, yes

• No , I don't think so

• If I was 5'8 or taller yes I would date a guy who was shorter.

• I'm 5'8 and it really depends, but if I'm really attracted to him it doesn't matter.

• Depend on his face and if he's still manly

• If it's an inch or two then I wouldn't care.

• No sorry.

• I'm 5'9 and yes I would date someone an inch or two shorter. Probably not more than 2 inches shorter though. I have been sexually attracted to guys who are shorter than me before... the problem is, they usually aren't attracted back. Most guys aren't interested in tall women

• Yes i would.

• No, funny thing is I'm 6'2" and I only date guys who are 6'7' and up

• I know this is BS because you know how rare 6'7 is? I'm 6'5 and only met a few people in person that have been as tall or taller than me. And if you are 6'2, which you most likely aren't, congratulations for being tall, it's rare to be tall.

• Sorry, but I think you're trolling.

• Y'all can think whatever you want, it doesn't change a thing media.giphy.com/.../giphy-facebook_s.jpg

What Guys Said 1

• I'm 5'9" and @smmyskittles has me beat by an inch. She'll tell you that no, she would not date guys shorter than her :p