Should women make the first move?

• Yes
  • No
  • Maybe

Most Helpful Guy

• Well... I won't be making it that's for sure. Wouldn't want to be charged with a misogynist hate crime.

"Examples of incidents include:
    unwanted or uninvited sexual advances
    physical or verbal assault
    unwanted or uninvited physical or verbal contact or engagement
    use of mobile phones to send unwanted or uninvited messages
    or take photographs without consent."

www.itv.com/.../

Most Helpful Girl

• I don't see why not.
    I find it embarrassing, in a way, how adamant about fighting for 'equality' many women are, yet they insist on men having to make all the moves when it comes to initiating anything to do with a relationship?

If we wanted to be treated as equals, we have to behave as if we're on equal playing grounds. Which means that BOTH genders 'should' make the first move. Not that women expect to have equal rights/privileges, but be spared of certain responsibilities.

What Guys Said 27

• Definitely!! If you like the guy you should!! That's part of being 'EQUAL'!! Taking the same chance at rejection as guys do!!
    Some of us REALLY like it when women approach us, and ask us out!!

• I put on my online dating profile that I will most likely not initiate first contact as there are so many fake profiles along with some women get so may messages it is not very likely she will reply. I see it as a waste of time.

If you learn how to develop a good online profile and what kind of pictures to post they will contact you first as I believe they understand why I won't send the first message.

• let's put it this way. women should feel free to make the first move. they shouldn't feel obligated but if they like someone or want something they should go for it

• I did not vote on this one.. but it would be her choice if she wanted to be the first to move in or not... I have had some of my lady friends on dates make the first move on me and liked it.. but I also have made the first move on her as well.. it is 2016 now it is not uncommon for women to do this today.. but many years ago.. it was the guy that was expected to make the first move.. always.. take care now

• If they want to

• Put C, in general it shouldn't be all up to the guy to initiate shit. Girls are generally more picky anyways in my opinion.

But more importantly it saves a whole lot of bs and bitterness when one person wants to be with someone and theyre too afraid to say anything, then they go through a bunch of girlfriends/boyfriends blahblahblah.

Plus if you're into some really shy guy goodluck getting him to make any sort of move haha.

Either way it should be more of a 50/50 and less of a 95/5.

• Yes, and in a way that isn't a mind game that the guys has to question your motives, and doest have to confuse it with other things that the woman has said

• NEVER EVER!!!, women should let you know with some body language that they like you, but the first move must be done by the man, you know why?
    Simple: almost no man will refuse a proposal from a woman, until they get into bed. But probably he doesn't care about her at all.

• It's better to take risks to get the life you want, than to sit around and dream about the life you could have had.

• Why not.. Personally I really enjoy it... ill help pay the bill too. I also think men and women should surprise one anther constantly. Both should partake...100 % from both male and female!!!

• Yes if they don't I will slap them or use my dragonballs to make them love me lol.

• It you really like him go for it. you dnt have to wait.

• why not they are also humans, what's the deference?

• I absolutely order it if the girl makes the first move.

• No. I like not having too say no.

• They should feel free to.

• yeah they should, it would be great

• Yes if they want to get what they really want...

• If he doesn't man up, then absolutely.

• Even if it is traditionally male's job it shouldn't be looked down upon.

• always

• Don't even question it, just do it. Gender is irrelevant.

• Yes because chivalry is dead and women want to be treated equally.

• Guys have more to lose so it'd probably be better if girls made the first move. We'll take it from there.
    http://i.stack.imgur.com/tkWMn.jpg

• It depends. I voted yes because its nice to have a girl come up to you and make some conversation even if she is or isn't intetested, but after that its my turn to take over if i am interested. I think that when a woman is all over the guy it's kind of a turn off. We men are supposed to be the ones chasing women and the moment a girl chases me i will not take her seriously and she will only be a hook up ( that could all be cause the media taught us that women shouldn't be the first ones to approach or make a move)

• 98% of guys say YES, 3% say NO... figure it out ladies, we don't want rape accusations, lost jobs, jail cells, OR TO BE ALONE.

• Um, DUH?
    "Always" if I had it my way~

What Girls Said 7

• It's the 2000's now. If a woman sees a man she's interested in why not let him know? I've been approaching men since I was a teenager.

• No if they are interested they'll let you know. It is okay to meet them half way but don't just give it to them on a platter. They'll hang around for a while because it is convenient but only until they find something that really catches their eye.

I know this sounds old school and wrong but it is a natural undeniable fact of dating.

• What about a shy stranger who you are unsure of?

• Easy for you to say. And for the "if they're interested they'll let you know" part, what if men thought the same about women? Nothing would ever happen.

Keep justifying your own sexism, though!

• @carrotbody this is how rape happens... Men think she wants it she wants it whilst she is saying no.

• i prefer the guy to make the first move. this site just shows how cowardly the guys on here are. yeah both should feel free to make the move, but guys are supposed to take the initiative. This generation is just stupid when it comes to girls.

• Really depends on the situation and the people. If you want something then you should go after it no matter which gender you are.

• I'm never making the first move ever again, I learned from my mistakes. I'm good! But apparently guys love to be approached. Could be the guys from gag only.

• You shouldn't let a few rejections scare you off. The average guy gets rejected like once a month.

• being more proactive wouldn't hurt

• When I was in high school I find a guy really cute but he never noticed me so I get impatient and just ask him if he wanted to have lunch with me. He said yes and after he invited me at his football game :)
    So I think girls should try it sometime that's really easy and you don't have to ask him for a serious date at first or anything. Just a small things no guys ever reject me.