What is the largest age gap between a couple that is acceptable?

Most Helpful Guy

• The difference between your age and half your age plus seven.

Example: Me - 26

26 - (13+7) = 26 - 20 = 6

26 - 6 = 20, 26 + 6 = 32.

Anywhere between 20 and 32 is my socially acceptable dating range. Any younger and I'm seen as a pedophile. Any older and I'm seen as using her for something. Luckily today it's less of an issue. Because milfs are hot, but if I go older than 32 it's just seen as a fetish rather than a serious dating relationship. Social stigmas man.

Most Helpful Girl

• As long as both are consenting adults it doesn't matter.

What Guys Said 24

• Only you can answer that. It's about what YOU are comfortable with. If you love a guy that is close to your dad's age, you will get a lot of sht, from people, but if that is what you want, it is YOUR choice, and nobody should tell you it is wrong!!
    I've never been with a woman more than ten years younger, but I won't say I wouldn't ever! With the right person, maybe?

• Acceptable to who? Everyone has their own beliefs on this question and there is no common, agreed upon answer. It also depends on the age of the participants. If the girl is 15, most people would say the guy shouldn't be older than 17. If the girl is 50, some people will say he shouldn't be older than 60.

• About 3 months, 2 weeks, 7 days, 3 hours, 2 minutes and 5MS, anything greater and one of you should be locked up in my opinion.

Really depends on the ages. Some people obviously frown upon it, I'd see the main issue as the one being very very immature.

• age is irrelevant- connection is what matters

• There is no magic number/limit.
    It depends on several factors.
    Culture, social standards in the social circle at hand, and last but not least, all can be broken and disregarded if the couple in question are happy together to the point that makes them willing to do anything to make it work.

• Depends on ages, the younger you are the less but say over 25 for the younger I think anything over 10 years might be a bit much. If the younger is 12/13/14/15 1 year 16/17/18 2 years 19/20 3 years 21/22/23/24 up to 7 years.

• age gap should not be expressed in years but in percents.
    I think a 25% age difference is the limit.

• 1/2x+7
    (x-7)*2
    x= your age

• If everyone involved is of legal age then I personally wouldn't care what others thought if I was happy in the relationship

• There is no limit to what is "acceptable," only what you are willing to accept yourself. It's your life, so don't let other people dictate it.

• I don't know, that varies from person to person

• Doesn't matter if they both don't care

• you're 18+, whatever both of you feel comfortable with

• 10 to 15 I'd say.

• I think 15 is okay.. so a 20 year old guy and 5 yo girl is good to go.

• 30 minutes.

• As long as its legal and one isn't decieving the other then it doesn't matter...

• Only you can answer that questions.

For me, I would accept from the age of 15 ~ 50.
    Yeah, I went there.

• Going by Hugh Hefner, 60 years.

• i think it should be about 2 years

• 80'years

• If it's anymore than 30 then it's ridiculous

• Half your age +7 guysss

• well my cousin, 36, is dating a girl, 26, so i mean 10 years is ok, but if it was 18 and 8, then thats obviously wrong, right?

What Girls Said 13

• I'd say 10 maximum!! Because my parents are 10 apart and they look good together in my eyes...

However; One person that looks too young for their age, for example, wouldn't be well matched with someone 10 years older who looks Way older than their real age... Cause it would look like they are 20 years apart etc etc.. But in the end, as everyone says, stay with the one that loves you back! 😁!! 10, 20 or 1 year apart, just who makes you happiest!! 😛😍!!!

• How old was the eldest when the youngest was a baby?
    I can't help but finding it creepy if they happened to meet at that point in time and one of them was older than 12 years.

• A 14-year-old girl with a 19-year-old guy would be odd and not socially acceptable, but when she's 25 and he's 30, it wouldn't matter as much. I'd say if they're both in different developmental stages, for example, one of them is in high school and is yet to enter the adult world and the other is almost finished University and has moved out, then it might be difficult to maintain a relationship. It doesn't matter as much as they get older though.

• *I should add that in the first example, it would also be illegal if there was sex as she is still a child and he is an adult.

• Think it depends on the age in question

• depends on their age

• Personally I'd go 10 younger and maybe 13 older.

• I have never cared and love challenging what society will accept :)

• honestly if everyone is of legal age... i dont really care
    just be happy with yourself and your S. O and its all good

• tbh i would only date someone 4-5 years older than me, there is a close to 0 chance that i would date someone younger than me and if i were too, probably only 1-2 years apart

• Anyone over 18 with anyone over 18.

• I would say for teenagers 2 years max age gap but id say for adults probably 10-15 year age gap is fine?

• As long as both people are legal age there is no "acceptable" age gap. Society sucks and doesn't run my life.

• i don't know but i dated someone 30 years older than me