Can you love and hate someone simultaneously?

Like when you're not with that person you miss them like crazy but when you meet them you just can't stand them? Sounds crazy I know Lol

Which emotion do you think would ultimately prevail?

Most Helpful Guy

• Yeah -- you can, for example, love someone because you miss them all the time and want them in your life, and then simultaneously hate them because they have so much power over your happiness.

If you give in to the negative side a lot then it's the one that's going to prevail, since it takes fewer arguments to destroy a relationship than intimate exchanges of affection.

• [...] since it takes fewer arguments to destroy a relationship than intimate exchanges of affection [to keep it going].

• Yeah I think this is true, unfortunately :(

What Guys Said 3

• Technically, yes.

• yeah. my sister.
    love prevails

• I am standing right there. Want to forget her and not want to at the same time. Either way it hurts

What Girls Said 4

• yeah it can happen. whichever one prevails more depends on the person and your experiences.

• It's called a love hate relationship haha

• I know Lol but it was just a "love" relationship before.. hate just recently came into the picture Haha :D

• Haha people get on others nerves. Natural reaction

• Yeah I guess ;P:D

• thats exactly what im going through... love prevails coz if they tic u off when theyre around its probs u not liking the fact that u love them... just my opinion.

• Me too. I'm going through the same thing.

I agree with what you said.. I think you're right.

• I always feel both. If I am in love with someone I also hate them for making me feel that way. It's hard to explain.