Musling girl dating a non Muslim guy, telling my parents?

We are both 18, when I say I'm muslim I mean I have the beliefs but am not strict. He is not Muslim and completely respects my beliefs. We have been together for over 2 months now and we would both like to be more involved in each other family's. His parents found out a few days ago and are cool with the whole thing, but they'll only meet me once he meets my parents. I want to introduce him as a friend to start off with to warm my parents up to him, because having a boyfriend that isn't muslim will cause havoc. So maybe once they like him as a friend it might soften the blow a little. I want to meet his parents. Now I don't know what to do or if I should just wait a few weeks. Because his parents want him to meet my parents as my boyfriend (not just a friend) before they meet me.

Most Helpful Guy

• Do it in stages. First introduce him as a friend, then wait a few weeks and announce him as your boyfriend. Then you can meet his parents.

Parents can be hard to deal with, but it really comes down to how you feel and how much their blessing means to you. Sometimes you'll never get a blessing and just have to deal with it.

Most Helpful Girl

• I am Christian, wentto Eygypt and married a Musli man.. No problem with his parents, they fell in love with me. My husband was not Into a Muslim girl, which he could have had the Pick of the Crop in his own village.
    However, if you Know what your own folks are looking for in afuture with you as far as Marriage, Telling you they want you to Marry a Muslim Man, thenam you can Expect problems down in Paradise and they will not Bend the Rules.
    It's great on His own end that you have a start with them Accepting you. However, being I was in a strict Muslim family, I know that with my own family I had out in Egypt, they would Not have Bent any Rule of the School, should they have had a daughter.
    But not knowing any of the details, if you Feel it is a Deal that will be Okay, then go Slow with the Flow and Yes, introduce him as a Friend and allow them to get to know him before Spilling the Beans.
    If things go Sour with Opening a Smelly can of Worms, then make your Decision With Whoever is putting Bread instead on your table is for you and who is also in your Heart and you don't want to Part.
    Sometimes we Cannot have the Best of Both Worlds, sad as it is Today.
    Good luck and Stand your Ground if you need to. xx

What Guys Said 1

• I wouldn't tell your family because your dad might kill your boyfriend for being an infidel.

What Girls Said 2

• your babies are gonna be so cute awwwwww and p. s wowww my parents would kill meeee and its only been 2 months tell him to chill and that

• It will always be some difficulty when introducing someone new and even more so when they are not of the same faith as you, you could do it the way you say to soften the blow but there is no telling if that will make any difference, but give it a go.