When are you in a official relationship?

I have been on 5 dates with this guy I am seeing. I'm 23 and he is 29. On our second date he told me that he was looking for something serious while I basically told him I was just testing out the waters.

Recently he messaged me and said "When entering a relationship..." Not going to lie but that freaked me out. We have not discussed whether or not we were in a official relationship. I mean it has to be discussed and especially in person, not going by the number of dates... right?

Most Helpful Guy

• I don't believe in hard rules - 3 outings and your dating, 5 dates and you are serious etc - It is each individual's interpretation - How he is feeling is causing you concern, talk to him about it and share both your thoughts on what is going on to sort it out.

Most Helpful Girl

• Its a very natural progression. You and him need to be on the same page. It won't work out while he wants a relationship and you are still doubting. For me, my boyfriend introduced me to his kids on the 3rd date and to his parents the 4th date. It doesn't go my how many dates you have, and it depends on when you are both ready. Good luck...

What Guys Said 7

• I am in a relationship but we have not yet gone to the courthouse to register as an official dating couple.

• I honestly believe that you can't be in a relationship with someone unless both people talk about it and agree to be in a relationship :P.

• When the verbal contact is made

• Oh god... just chalk this one under randomness. Talk about what's up in person.

• Yes it's not about the number of dates

• When you meet his family

• When u both say you are. For some reason, otherwise you're not.

I think sex means something more than friends, but you're not bf/gf until you both say it.

Can u check mine out? Might help you as well? www.girlsaskguys.com/.../q2055890-is-this-normal-for-a-flirty-friendship-between-a-guy-woman

What Girls Said 3

• When you talk about it.

He's assuming and you should let him know you're not ready.

• he's crazy, get awayy

• You're right, entering a relationship doesn't go by the number of dates. Just make sure you really want to get in a relationship before you go official. If he can't wait for you he's not the one.