Can someone please help me with this guy who is sweet in person but meh by texting?

So long story short, this is a guy that has been crushing about me for an entire year. He never tried to talk to me because he thought I was out of his league (he told me that recently). I was the one approaching him after a friend of mine started talking about him and saying he knew he had an interest in me. Weeks have passed, we talked, he flirted a lot, we had amazing dates and now I can say I am starting to really fall in love with him. Summer has come, and we have to be a month apart from each other. I am a very sweet girl by texting but he is not, and I was honest and told him that it kind of upsets me but he said that's the way he is. Today I haven't texted him yet and he said nothing.

Is he that much in love with me as I think? Why does he act like this?

What Guys Said 2

• He said he is not very good at texting. His actions back that up.

I would not give it a second thought as you will not change this. If it changes the change has to come from him wanting it.

• he's just not the texting type

What Girls Said 1

• I have a friend whos boyfriend is sssoooo sweet in person to her and then texts her like she's some random person, its weird but some guys are like that, it doesn't mean he's not into you it just means he's not the clingy type and he likes to play it cool, ii see it as a way of them hiding their feelings for you