Is this a date?

We met on okcupid (don't judge lol) about 2 months ago. He's 23 and I'm 19. We're both in college! He goes to a school near my hometown and I go to a school two hours away, however, he is from my college town. We talked for about a month then he asked me if I wanted to go out to lunch the following weekend. I had to say no because I was going camping with my family so we exchanged numbers and it never came up again. We talked off and on for the next month until I started wondering if he still wanted to go for lunch. I didn't know if he hadn't brought it up again because I had turned him down or he just didn't want to go anymore. I asked him last night and he said he did. He then continued to ask if we should go on a weeknight or weekend and if we should go to get food or see a movie. I told him a weeknight but I don't care about what we do exactly so I haven't told him which one yet. Is it a date? Also should it be a movie or food?

What Guys Said 1

• Sounds like an unofficial date

What Girls Said 2

• sounds like a date sure, but i think the problem is nowadays people are all weird about calling things dates, and it's just going to be "hanging out" or "getting lunch". for me personally, if I'm interested in a guy and I turn him down, I usually am the one who offers the raincheck, like "oh sorry not this week, but can you meet next week someday?" so try that next time.

• It sounds like a lame-o, cop-out, wimpy attempt at making a date without actually making one. I wish guys would stop doing this crap, thinking that we don't know what they're doing. It's weak and makes them look bad.