If you were a strong christian, how would you feel about a girl who had strong morals but wasn't sure about the whole religion thing yet?

by strong morals i mean good in school, drinks occasionally, never smokes, and virgin.

Most Helpful Guy

• As long as she was not hostile towards my religious beliefs, I would make a room in my heart for her. I would hope that the way I live my life would serve as an example to her. "Preach a good sermon and use words if necessary."

• thats what im hoping for actually. im hoping for someone to open my eyes to religion

• well you're awesome for doing that :)

• Actually, I'm no saint and I know it, so I just try harder.

Most Helpful Girl

• Well Christianity and Religion are two different things (unless you're talking about being a Catholic). I think that if you have strong morals then that is something to be proud of! You can always figure out what you believe in later on! It's part of growing..

What Guys Said 21

• I know I'm not your target demographic, so I'll answer this question as I would have when I was your age.

I would think that's ok. I don't however believe the things you listed are necessarily indicators of good morals.

To me what constitutes good morals is valuing human life, doing what you can to increase joy and happiness in the world while reducing the sorrow and suffering, and being kind and sympathetic to people. I've known a few people who didn't do so well in school, drank more than occasionally, smoked, and we're not virgins and yet are people of great moral character.

• I do believe there is some thing in Catholicism at least where you are supposed to marry a Catholic (or at least swear to raise the children Catholic if the spouse isn't) to be officially married in the church... Which is kind of bullcrap in my opinion. It's one of the biggest things I disagree with, but I guess that means I'm not the strongest Catholic 😅. If you meet a very rigorous Catholic (idk about other denominations) you may run into that dilemma.

However, I personally figure that their religion (or lack of) in a situation like this has no issue with me as long as they don't try to force me to change constantly / judge me for my beliefs.

Someone with those traits sounds pretty awesome to me 👍

• Well that sounds an awful lot like black male to me

• I'm not a very religious person so if she isn't religious it wouldn't bother me. Religious beliefs are pretty far down on my list of traits that I care about in finding someone to be with.

• I am a Christian and have strong morals like you. Although I have sinned and had sex before marriage. I wouldn't think any less of you. I'd probably try and get you to understand Christianity and help you find yourself and hopefully that involves you becoming a practicing Christian. I would never force you tho.

• I'm Roman Catholic but not like so restricted that I follow everything the Bible says (it says shit like kill the gays in there, and that pig is an animal you can't eat, yet most christians do it anyways). I know some people are and I have met them and I actually feel sorry for them because they give up so much. Anyhow generally a stricter religious person wouldn't care as long as they don't change their own religious views. And yes they can be seduced to change but it can often be destructive to the relationship. Hope I helped senpai has been teaching well!

• No problem to me, I'm not very religious and as long as people are not too fanatic I can take it all... very tolerant :D

• Well I'm not religious but a girl with good morals is... well... a good thing.

• I certainly love that she has strong morals. And I'm not a huge fan of "religion", as a believer of God myself. I would still date her.

• Strong christian preachers are constly being caught in truck stops sucking dick through glory holes or being caught for molesting children. I'm sure a few drinks every now and then won't be consider mortal sins that can't be accepted...

• I'd not like her.

• Not much other than I know she would do the right thing due to her moral integrity which I admire.

• id be cool. but im not that hardcore christian tbh

• I think the word strong used for Christian is a relative term...

In terms of sex and dating I would not care... Wouldn't cross my mind unless I was thinking about marrying her and then raising children

• You shouldn't meet a strong Christian. You should meet a good Christian. Any good Christian wouldn't be opposed to any of those.

• well being a good person has nothing to do with which religion you practice because were all created in the image of god (gods qualities) regardless of who we are and where were from

• Being virgin doesn't mean she doesn't do sexual things which are sin according to the bible

• what are sexual sins in the bible? lol

• Lol how a bad thinking way xD so hard to believe that you think this way xD SO in your opinion you can do everything to make cum eachother but just dont fuck and suck cock pussy lool.. As an atheist I was trying to learn how idiot religious still are.. Clearly you are so idiot

• Okay cool lol

• I'll feel good about her.. nothing wrong with her..

• don't care, religion is bullsh*t but believe what ever the F**K you want.

• A good moral compass sure does make for a good firm foundation to build upon. If this girl wants to discover religion that is wonderful. I would hope that she will choose a person that knows religion well enough to not fill her head with non sense and BS. A person that is patient and interested in teaching that there is something bigger than us out there

• never smokes, and is a virgin is considered moral, drinking is not.

• Drinking is perfectly fine on occasion

• sure but, I've never drinked in my life and dont care to, and im not religious.

1 private opinion(s)
Only the asker and the opinion owner can see it. Learn more

What Girls Said 3

• Some people absolutely want only people with strong faith.
    Others will try to convert you.
    Others won't care.
    I do think most devout people would prefer to be in a relationship with someone who is also devout.

• Religion? As in spirituality? So your not sure god or jesus exists? I mean you gotta find your path. So hey do you

• I think it's more important to have good morals and values than religion. I know that's a very bold statement too make but I think religion pushes people away from one another.