Guys, Do you like it when a girl gets shy around you?

Especially the girl you really like?

And if this girl you really like is confident while talking to other guys but is only shy around you, does that encourage you?
Oh yeah lol and what if she's really pretty and a lot of guys are into her but she only gets shy around you.

24

Most Helpful Guy

• Yes, but not too much, I mean shy at first, just at first

• Oh yeah I mean like the first few times that you talk to her one on one.

• Yes, that means she is kind of a nice girl, and it feels good to see how she opens to you

• Oh that's good to know! :)

What Guys Said 23

• Well if that is the case then she will be somewhat easy to relate to. All of my female freinds, well almost all are shy girls. So I won't have any trouble talking with her and slowly warming her up.
    It would probably only be a good thing if I knew that she was different around me.

• A little yeah

• Haha yeah it's cute 😊

• Aww.. good to know! :)

• If she's receptive, then yes I'll like her.

If she pushes me away, then I'll be confused and move along.

• Sure

• Personally, no. It is so frustrating trying to get a shy girl to open up, the interaction is too one-sided to be enjoyable. Interest level drops fairly rapidly.

• No I meant that that girl is confident while talking to other guys but is only shy around you. She's not an out and out "shy girl", she's just shy around you.

• Well now you've explained it a little i understand better. :) Maybe i'm different, but I don't treat girls i like any different from a friend in the beginning personally.
      It's not like = "omg she's so pretty and a cool person i want to date her, let's hope she likes me".
      Its more like = "Oh she's pretty let's get to know her, but there are other girls around so whatever happens, happens".

I don't mind shyness at the start like you said, but i'm still only indifferent to it. Don't exactly "like" it, but it's just "whatever" :P. I hope you and this guy get over the shyness though and engage each other, too many potential relationships get ruined because nobody makes a move.

• Oh thanks! :)

And well everyone is different I just thought maybe it's a turn off for a guy when a girl gets shy.. so happy to know it isn't :)

• I do like shy girls, but I have learned to just avoid them because they absolutely refuse to open up to me and want to be friends with me no matter how welcoming and open I am towards them. It's as if they're trying to avoid me and want me to stay away when they act like that. So I just don't bother anymore.

If she wants to be my friend and if she actually gives enough of a damn to talk to me, she can be the one who pushed the conversations and tries to be friendly to me. I won't trust her, though...

• Yes but I get shy too so it gets awkward afterwards.

• Yeap, if I'm sure she is into me, it makes me encouraged;)

• Yeah , love it

• shy girls are usually great in relationships and in beds too

• na if ur going to be an awkward bitch then dont bother talking to me

• I like shy girls, but in that case it sounds she's pretending being shy.
    So, it's all fake.

• Uh no. Maybe some girls pretend (I personally don't know any girl who does that and honestly why would anyone go through the trouble of "pretending" to be shy, it sounds stupid) but most of them don't. I'm like this. If I'm not attracted to a guy I won't be shy around him at all but if I'm attracted to him and like him then I get very shy whenever I'm around him. It's a very common thing with both guys and girls. They get nervous and shy around the girl/guy they like.

• Probably get nervous, forget all about what you wanted to say, but really some girls pretend being shy.
      For instant, I have one friend that we used to meet, I don't know why once upon a time she started to get shy when we meet while we were before talking about anything and everything. She started to get nervous about everything she does when I'm there, I don't know if that a sign that she started to like me or that she remembered that fact about she gets shy :D

• I think she isn't interested in me

• I dont know if I've ever experienced it. I probably assume the shyness means she's not interrested so I just leave her alone.

• as a guy i like having some authority and in charge. if she's scared of me like im out her league heck yea. but if she's scared like im gonna rape her then no.

• No don't like that at all. I like conversations and talking.

• No. It's a sign of weakness.

• i dont like it and i dont hate it

• It's cute if she is only shy around me because I'll know why and then I'll talk to her and get her to open up

• No, of course not.

• Nope, I'm the one who is shy.

• So you would only like a confident girl?

• Yes, that's right.

• shyness is ok but no, i want a girl to be forward with her feelings and what she wants and sweet to me, when a girl is shy they play that dumb innocent routine and its a turn off.

• Only if she's willing to talk.