Am I creepy or weird?

So basically, I'm working at a restaurant as a waitress and there's this guy that comes quite often to eat. He usually comes with a group of friends, so it's hard for me to find a personal conversation with him. Later on, I found out his name and added him on Facebook. So, apparently we never talk to each other except me taking orders. Then, last night I sent him a message saying that we (our restaurant) haven't seen him for awhile and we're missing our regular customers. (Just being friendly here) However, he never opened the message but then it shows that he's been active on Facebook. Is it a turn off? Or is he going to think that I'm creepy and weird?

Most Helpful Guy

• If he thinks that you only friended him to make him come back to the restorant, then yes, it's weird... If some clerk from Walmart friended me to convince me to come back to Walmart, I would probably be disgusted by their marketing methods. Try talking to him on a personal note. forget about the restaurant unless to explain him where you saw him.

• Yeah I got you. I'm not doing this for the restaurant or anything lol I'm looking for a personal interest instead, but because I didn't know how to start off the convo and the restaurant thing is the only mutual topic I got :(

• Hahaha All is not lost unless he blocked you lol. At least, now, you got a subject to talk about: Apologizing for the way you introduced yourself and explaining why you did it like that :-)

Most Helpful Girl

• Well it's kinda weird, because it's an obvious lie. You've made it look like it's a concern from the restaurant while you send it with your personal account. It's probably better to just be straight forward the next time and not have a (very obvious) hidden agenda. Next time a 'hey, i saw you at the restaurant where i work and think you're pretty cute' probably works better. Just take responsibility for your fuckup (happens to everyone), don't hide it but don't make it bigger than it is by being ashamed or awkward about it, and maybe you'll find a more honest way to show your interest towards him next time.

• Thanks a lot! But honestly, I'm a pretty bad texting person so I actually went to ask my coworker and that was what she came up with XD Like, we don't go to the same school or any mutal friends so she thought it would have been nice that way. Since, he replied. Do you think I should change the topic?

What Guys Said 10

• Not sure, doesn't seem weird to me. But he must have gotten the signal though if he reads it

• Lmfao is this a 19 year version of you @puppylove94 ?

• LOL a girl did this to me and I was weirded out w bit but then again I admired her courage. It better to know the person irl b4 hand

• A little weird I think but not Weird

• Will he ever come back? 😂

• Probably not =]
      I think if you see him again, don't bring it up and don't do anything different, if he wants to acknowledge your message or w/e, then I'm sure he'll probably ask or bring it up, if he's not interested, finds it creepy or w/e and doesn't want to bring it up then you bringing it up could make things awkward.

• maybe tought it was a bit creepy. not you, but the whole restaurant thing

• so was the message from you ar the resturaunt?

• It was from me but I just wanted to have something in common to start off XD

• dont know then, if it looked like it was from the restaurant he may have just thought advert so thats why he never read it

• I don't think so

• its only weird and annoying if its you making excuses on restaurant junk. but who cares about his group of friends? just be forward about your feelings and what you want and try asking him out.
    girls can't be creepy unless she's a hardcore goth. or looks at a guy in a creepy zombie way. haha
    i dont use facebook so, i dont know how it works, but maybe he's logged on, but doesn't use it.

• He replied haha but lm not sure if it's okay to continue

• just do it anyways, you dont need permission to continue.

• just be careful, you dont want to come off as just a waitress customer relationship. if you like him, go outside that relationship, start flirting with him

• It's quite hard because we don't go to the same school and he's a bit older than me

• like i said, just be careful

• no ur not creepy. relax

What Girls Said 1

• I actually did this a few weeks ago lol I added a guy on fb after we talked a lot while I was bartending and I needed up drawing his name out of a raffle so I knew his name. How did you find out his name tho? and did he accept your request?

• So since he's our regular customers, my boss asked for his name and I took it from there haha

• Haha okay thanks! I thought making him a free drink would be weird too but other than that, I have no idea what to say/do. I'm such an awkward person lol

• Just make casual conversation and hopefully he'll take the bait.. Comment o whatever they ordered, look at his shirt to see if it could bring up conversation, just be personable. Especially if he's a regular, he could just leave his number. I work at a super expensive restaurant so I knew my guy wouldn't be back.