Do women use shy, less desirable guys, as a "safe" relationship?

They really want that attractive fun guy, but he's more likely to cheat or leave. Do women use less attractive, shy, or nice guys as a safe person to be in a relationship with?

• Yes
  • no

Most Helpful Girl

• I love shy guys. i like it when they open up for a special person ask they tend to be very interesting to talk to once they open up bc all that time thinking.

What Girls Said 11

• Just the ones that can't stand the idea of being alone. One of my younger friends is doing this right now. She is screwing some random guy whom she doesn't like at all but is practicing different sex techniques with him so she can eventually move on to someone better. She complains to me a lot about how he's a sad excuse for a lover and the poor fool doesn't realize he's being used like a CPR dummy. He might not really care if he knew to be honest.

• That's next level cruelty of her

• @Dipsy And where the fuck did I say anything like that? Learn to read.

• You didn't fucking write it anywhere. But I got that fucking fucking feeling that you approved her behaviour by the way you fucking wrote it. Fucking.

No need to swear.

• It's possible, yes. But women will use ANYBODY to get what she wants. It doesn't make it 'safe' if she has to use somebody just to feel safe. At that point it isn't safe. Any relationship can be unsafe. It's how she handles and carry herself.

• I think the excuse that a more attractive guy is more likely to cheat or leave is a bad reason to avoid attractive guys and go for less attractive ones. First of all, someone's level of attractiveness has nothing to do with their ability to cheat, and secondly, you can't really control whether someone decides to cheat or leave. You can only control yourself.

• I use whoever I fall in love with to havea relationship with. However, if I feel Im falling in love with a guy who isn't available for that kind of relationship (taken, bad reputation, leaving the country soon, any reason whatsoever) I try to keep my distance before it gets too bad. I won't lower my standards ("less desirable") just for safety though, that perfect person for me will come along eventually.

• I wouldn't get into a relationship with a guy I didn't find attractive. so no

• Not me.

• I've actually done the opposite...

• Some might.

• Ain't that insecure lol..

• I think a lot of women settle after getting used themselves and opt for a better choice of Man rather than like him because he's hot but a total ass hole.

I personally won't settle as I've had relationships that drizzled out in the end because I was attracted to them

• Shy no, undesirable probably. I mean, if he's not desirable to her, obviously it's not a real relationship and she doesn't like him. Shy is different though, it's not a huge issue to most people.

What Guys Said 19

• I speak from personal experience. Shy guys tend to sit on the side lines and very few girls pay them any mind. It's only when they're aging and their options are dwindling that they begin to consider them. Sure they may learn to appreciate shy guys once they get to know them and they may even come to realize that shy guys are all around better for them than the outgoing types, but the fact remains that they were being a bit superficial and judgmental and only gave the guy a chance because of circumstance.

• When they get past 30 I think this is fairly common, especially if she was a single mother.

• Once the bad boys and good looking players don't want her anymore they come running to nice guys. By then if the good men have got any common sense they would just pump and dump these post wall sluts then just carry on being MGTOW.

• I think the social term is 'Emotional Tampon'.

• There are those you date, those you fuck and then there are those you marry.

• This question is shot to shit. Women think only for themselves and not about other women you are only going to get arguments based on their egoes

• I think a lot of them do.

• I read that your average woman has about five to six guys she rotates around and she uses each of them for a specific purpose in her life. So yeah, women use men for different purposes as they don't really view us as people very much. They always have that backup guy if their primary choice goes bad or leaves them.

Fuck that, I'm not gonna be a second option for a girl.

• Some of them do.

• I don't know tbh but its probably like how my dad used to tell me what girls to get when i was a little boy... Je said get you a ugly girl so you dont have to worry about your friends trying to mess with her. in my opinion i rather have better friends lol

• Actually i know a girl who i liked who is with this guy who is ugly because he is loyal lol i mean even she admits it and by now she legit loves him for whatever reason

• Yes, they do.

• mYbe they do at some point

• To some degree, I would say that's true. Some guys do the same thing. They can't find a girl of his dream, so he just goes with a less desirable "left over" girl

• No, they use them as a beta chump wallet post 30 y. o.

• Perhaps.

• its just like anything else... some do and some dont

• Women sleep around until they are late20's/early 30s looking to settle down. It's unfortunate that some girls are hoes in their early years, only to become "good" for marriage and raising a kid. That doesn't sound appealing at all

• its not becoming good. they are young and do young things then get older and -some- do older things. having sex is not a character flaw. thats ridiculous.

• Some do, but I think man do this more frequently.

• Nope, unfortunately, otherwise, I would already had a girlfriend.

• Being shy doesn't make u less desirable

• It does. That was the main reason girls never liked me as more than a friend. Once I became more confident more girls were interested. The number one thing they look for is confidence.

• @AdamThomas Yeah but u can be shy and still confident in your own skin bro.

• I don't think you can. You can be confident and introverts (as in naturally quiet), but not confident and shy (shyness being fear of social situations. Confidence and shyness are complete opposites.