Guys, I deleted a guy I was seeing off Facebook. Should I give him the courtesy and tell him why?

Was seeing a guy for 4 months quite regularly and had met all his friends quite a lot.. I was pretty involved in his life. I ended it due to bad timing (he's going away for a month on his own to party then come back and settle down) and something else that pissed me off but in the end had a discussion and agreed mutually to go our separate ways but I still care about him and want to get back with him when he's back.

Straight away he started posting stuff that is inviting for girls and just now a girl posted a picture of him in her bed asleep. I deleted him straight away because I just don't need to see that.

Do I tell him why I deleted him? Or leave it?

20

Most Helpful Guy

• First of all, very understandable that you deleted him.
    In general I can tell you that men react better to words. Otherwise the guy will just not know what is going on. Communicate what feel by using real words and not hnts.
    So, I vote for telling him.

By the way you don't have to delete him. You can just "unfollow" him. You will not see any updates of him while you still remain friends.

www.facebook.com/.../?id=10151672910226108

• Yeah I ended up telling him. I felt bad Initiating the breakup and then deleting him too. I know I didn't realise you could until I already deleted him. I want him back on it now but think it's too late, he never replied to me saying why I deleted him and he's not one to ignore messages so I assume he's annoyed.

What Guys Said 19

• Leave it girl. It sucks but better to just move on. Sounds like he was not ready to settle, but you ended it. So he moved on.

• I doubt that he cares about you deleting him from FB.

You do understand that YOU put yourself in this position, right?

• What do you mean?

• 1. You fell for a guy who is not into you nearly as much as you are into him.

2. You broke up with him and that means that he is free to pursue relationships with other women.

3. But you want to get back together with him and that means that you care what he does.

4. You tried to "stay friends" with an ex, and that is almost always a foolish idea (unless you have a child together.)

So you created the circumstances that allowed all of this to happen.

• Why bother. You are no longer in a relationship with him. If he asks you can decide if you want to answer. You are not obligated to.

• Leave it alone, you're salty about the shit he's doing. I'm sure he got the hint, either way don't need to talk to an ex.

• Since you both accepted to take your separate ways, what is the point of you still caring about him? As harsh as it sounds if you would really care about him that much you would have not mutually came to an agreement to break the communication.

He understood it is not possible anymore and to be clear he is a douchebag so I doubt it will make it better or worse if you will explain to him why since he started inviting girls. You basically fell for someone that is not into you as much as you are into that person.

• Leave it. You made a gut reaction move. So unless he asks, then don't bother. If you're going to repair the situation, then feel free to explain you were bothered. But if you're just wanting to express your feelings, spare him.

• Only tell him if he actually asks, although not being in a relationship he may see it as you having no right to be pissed when it was a mutual decision.

• Leave it

• yes you should.

• Deleting someone off Facebook is not that nice so telling them that is not a gesture. Leave it alone.

• Leave it

• Nope you good

• Just leave it, if he is meant to come back to you he will, if not move on!

• Move on.

• I bet he knows, so no need unless you want to get back.

• Girl forget it and move on, you don't have to explain anything to him

• No need to tell him anything. What you did was the equivalent of hanging up on him.

• Yes you should

• Fuck that nigga