How does a player act? Did he just played with me?

It's a long story, I'll try to keep it as short as I can. So, I liked this guy for a veeeeeery long time, he messaged me in the past but I didn't wanted to make it close because I was afraid I was going to fall for him too hard becuse I heard some stories about him being a player (he even admitted it but he said he changed and that was a loong time ago). Somehow he always seemed interested in me... I dated his friend but i rejected him because I ddin't felt it was right to continue with him knowing that I am in love with his friend. Then, after I quit, he started texting me and we started talking more and more. He broke up with his long distance girlfriend in this time but she kept contacting him. He told me that he doesn't love her anymore and stuff. She still loves him. It's a difficult situation because I am realist when I say that he diesn't seem into het After first dates he said that he liked me for a long time too, but I don't know, I was always afraid he was playing me. At first dated it didn't seemed right but after we kissed I felt he started to be honest and nice. He told me to have patience and things... He said some things to make me doubt of him but I really felt that he really liked me. I said I don't want to be "the other woman" and not to broke up with his girlfriend and he kept calling me telling he misses me and this isn't what he would want to be. I can't move on from him, I miss him so much...
How does a player act? Do you think he just played me?

Most Helpful Guy

• He uses you for sex

Most Helpful Girl

• I feel like he's just stringing you along.

What Guys Said 1

• He is using you as a side girl while his long distance girlfreind is out of town.

What Girls Said 1

• Trust your instincts. If you're asking this you probably have a feeling he's playing you and I get that feeling too from reading your post.