I never had a boyfriend and I never been in love. Is this weird?

Tomorrow is my 16th birthday and all my friends already had at least two boyfriends. They think that it is cute that I never been in love or never had a boyfriend. But I still don't like it that I never had one. And I don't think that there has been a guy who liked me.
My question is : is it weird that I never had a boyfriend?

Most Helpful Guy

• At your age? I'd have said that "hell no, of course it isn't"- but then again, I'm not a member of your generation, and maybe I'm just not in touch with how precocious your generation is. But I'd advise you not to get a boyfriend for the sake of having one- a partner isn't just some fashion accessory like a handbag, to be taken off the shelves and then discarded once you're done with it for a more expensive and fashionable one. And I can guarantee you that the vast majority of your friends have never been in love themselves either. They've been in lust. And their approach to relationships is clearly a casual approach. But it sounds as though you yourself want to have a loving relationship, with a guy who genuinely 'likes you' likes you. And they shouldn't put you down and mock you as 'cute' and 'naive' for wanting to have a relationship like that, instead of playing the field and going on the prowl as they do. You have every right to desire a meaningful, romantic relationship, and to set your sights upon that goal. But if you do, then so long as you have the patience, the guys will come to you. Only bad guys flock to the girls who put it out as early as they can, when they're your age. But good guys come to girls who wait.

Most Helpful Girl

• You're 16. The fact that you've never had a boyfriend isn't weird at all. I mean, at your age (from what I remember when I was younger), most relationships are largely for show. To just show that you are capable of getting that much attention, even though comparatively speaking, relationships don't get legitimately 'serious' to be considered real until after high school anyway.

Likewise for love. I know it's a subjective thing but when I look at the relationship I had back when I was around your age in comparison to the one I'm in now, I put the past ones in air quotation-marks. I don't think I or most of my friends at the time were mature enough for those 'relationships' or 'past loves' to carry much significance at all.

What Guys Said 14

• At your age it's quite normal, don't worry about these things... you have plenty of time to experience all of these.

• Not weird at all, dear
    You can't rush these things

• Same and I'm 19.

• Its not weird at all. Relationships at that age are usually like puppy love and don't last anyway

• No...

• lmao... you're 15!!!

• You're still too young.
    Don't listen to what people may say that they had sex when they were 14 and bla bla bla
    even if..., we're different.

• Nope, it will get weird for you after 15 years.

• happy early birthday.
    it's not as weird as you think, there are loads of people like you

• I never had a girlfriend yet. But I'm doing fine

• Yeah it's normal, you'll find someone in the future though.

• at 16 it's normal and very ok!

• No it is not.

• I'd say a lot of girls start dating by 16 or that be when first experiences happen so I don't think it be unusual to have not dated by this point

What Girls Said 9

• At your age? No. You have plenty of time to meet someone and have a relationship. There's nothing wrong with that.

• No, it's not weird. Your friends are probably like me. I'm super social and got asked out a lot as a freshman in HS so that I was already had had several bfs by the age of 16. But two of my friends were kind of shy around guys and not into dating yet. They were really into sports and didn't want to date, so they didn't. It's all good. There isn't a "right" thing to do. The competition that some girls have in HS to be the most popular or most outgoing is stupid. Don't force things just to fit in with what you think is popular.

• me either lol

• No it's not weird, at your age it's normal. Don't rush into things so quickly, you are still young and you have your whole life ahead of you.

• At your age it is normal

• No, its normal. You're young, you have your whole life a head of yourself.

• I never dated in high school, so it isn't weird at all. There's way too much emphasis on dating in high school. Don't feel pressured to have a boyfriend just because your friends have had boyfriends. Dating is quite a commitment. It should be done because you genuinely like someone and feel ready for it, not because your friends have had boyfriends in the past.

• no... i haven't had one either

• no not at all. i got my first girlfriend when i was 18. don't worry.