I feel that my friend judges my dating life. Help?

lately I have been dating more and I have been having fun doing it. Lately as long as I think a guy seems fun and respectful I will go on a date. I feel very content with my life right now and pretty much go on them for good company and if i meet someone and it feels right to move forward that is cool too. My friend has been making comments after I will tell her I went on a date that she doesn't need to date a bunch of guys because she is happy with herself and she doesn't need that. It bothers me a bit because I don't feel like it's something I need and I genuinely do feel happy with myself and j feel that she is comparing us. I would like to be bow to discuss my dates and not feel judged for them. My last date I went on me and this guy walked his dog through the park and we went into his apartment to get the dog. I told her about it and she quickly snapped at me for going into his apartment because he will never respect me but we didn't even do anything and he didn't even try or even stay in his apartment long. she was like that is not even a date. He didn't even take you out. She said it in a pretty judgmental tone. I felt pretty comfortable with how the date went and I was just looking for advice on a nice way I could talk to her about it.

Most Helpful Guy

• She sounds jealous more than anything. Could be that she's jealous of the guys you socialize with taking time away from her friendship with you... could be jealousy towards you that you're able to more easily & comfortably meet guys to hang out with. Or a combination of that and other stuff.

But even giving her the benefit of the doubt and assuming her comments and "advice" are purely genuine, maybe it just comes down to you being more social than she is. Some of my friends want to be out at a bar or doing stuff practically every night, some of my friends hardly like to go out. I'm somewhere in the middle. Doesn't mean any of us are wrong or right... it's just a matter of personality and preference.

In any case, maybe try volunteering less information about your dates and only bring it up when she asks. She still might get snarky or judgmental but seems like she'll be less likely to (or at least have a better tone about it) if she's the one bringing it up.

What Guys Said 3

• You're not alone, I have a friend who judges all the girls I date and tries to find everything wrong with her especially about their looks. But he's a woman hater LOL

• You must be new to friends
    "My friend has been making comments after I will tell her I went on a date that she doesn't need to date a bunch of guys because she is happy with herself and she doesn't need that."
    = STFU.
    Single people get bitter when people go on about how many guys/girls you're going out with haha. She sounds super pissy and it seems really obvious she doesn't want to hear about it, you don't want to hear her bitterness either so seems like an easy solution.

• she's really jealous hun she's not judging you.

What Girls Said 0