Why would you unfollow your ex on social media?

I broke up my ex 2weeks ago
i noticed he unfollowed me on instagram
were still friends on facebook, but i have a feeling that he unfollowed me as well so he won't see my posts

last week i posted a picture that im on a date.

i know its kinda early, but does he care? I dont think so..

he told me he can't feel any spark with me.. Thats why i ended the relationship. I tried ro work things out. But hea giving me half ass effort.

So I don't know why he unfollow me. I mean if he dont feel anything for me, then should just ignore my posts.

(mostly my hot looking pics 😂 , hanging out with friends, going on dates, im not even posting depressing stuff)

Most Helpful Guy

• He unfollowed you because he wants to move on more efficiently.
    But a better question would be - why do you care? It's his personal life now and it does not concern you at all. Move on and stop stalking him pretty much.

• Stalking him? Wow. I just mentioned i noticed just right now. And its just been two weeks. Man dont be a hypocrite, i never met someone who never try to look up their ex just even once.

• So questioning about other people's action is stalking? Wow.. I didn't know that is the new other meaning of stalking.

• Notice I said "pretty much." It means you're kind of going in that direction, not that you're already there. Calm yo tits ma'am.

Most Helpful Girl

• You unfollow them, because its part of the steps to moving on. When you hold on to things they gave you or you have with them, it means you have never moved on from that relationship. And it becomes extremely unhealthily. It means it's one, over. And he wants nothing more of you or a part of you. In the end you don't need to be constantly reminded of the past. Because then you will never be able to move forward in life. It will hold you back. Ignoring post is not enough. You have to get rid of everything. Get rid of pictures uploaded, delete them on other devices, clothes, items, jewelry, toys, whatever must be put out and/or burned. What is done is done.

But jumping into another relationship just after you ended one will give anybody the wrong impression that they just been used by use. Wither physically or emotionally. Usually it's emotional.

What Guys Said 6

• because they are no longer involved in your life

• Yep, cut out of my life

• Old news. Who gives a fuck?

• Does he care? Yeah I think so.

• Because they're your ex

• He don't care you. Thats the reason maybe.

What Girls Said 16

• Stop playing stupid. You know he unfollowed you because you already broke his heart and now you’re pretty much showing off your life without him? Do you expect him to just watch you date other guys and show yourself off after you left him? Kinda rude.

I think he should delete and block you all together. You sound kinda crappy.

• Cause what I want to do after ending a relationship is see pictures of them being happy and continuing to know what they're doing. Not.

• well some men who no longer feel anything for u would rather cut off ties than be ur friend, so he obviously isn't interested anymore.

• Still remained friends on facebook, im thinking to unfriend him,

• Yes . I'd cut a means of contact and move on from him

Considering he doesn't have feelings for you anymore I think he'll feel indifferent about your posts. He's probably moved on too... like you have

• If I'm sensitive to their face-aka just got out of a break up, I would unfriend them to make my life easier.
    If I hated them I would do this as well, haha. (I've done that too)

• He doesn't want you in his life anymore.. you should do the same

• If he doesn't want me in his life anymore, why can't he just unfriend me. Instead of unfollowing me.

For me if i dont care abour the person i unfriend them, worse is blocking them.
      But if i still care about them and hopefullty be friends in the future, i still be frienda wirh them on social media

• Well you should do that part.. he's clearly telling you he doesn't want to see what you're doing

• @cinderelli I want you in my life forever

• Your his ex. Why would he want to be friends with his ex? Time to move on. You two aren't part of each other's life anymore, he has the right idea. No need to keep you in it.

• Depends on how the breakup goes. Doesn't seem like y'all split on good terms so he probably doesn't want to see what's going on in your life.

• It's is because he wants to move on and whether he said he feels spark or not seeing posts of you on dates will give him some slight jealousy. Unfollowing you will just help put things in the past and if he doesn't see the pics it won't provide any unnesessary negative feelings.

• I think it's cos he doesn't wanna know what's going on with you and doesn't want to be a part of your life anymore. So instead of having to just ignore your posts like what you said, might as well just unfollow... Kinda like severing ties.

• Im thinking of unfriending him, since i unfollow him and he unfollow me too, whats the point of being friends on facebook. Were just like keeping each other but not really talking even as friends nor dont wan to be each others lives

• true. if you're just gonna unfollow each other, might as well unfriend.

• Happened to me as well, unfollow him too, it's not like you need to see each other's every day life anymore

• I unfollowed him right away after i broke up with him. I kinda him today, thats why i checked if he's still following in both facebook and instagram.
      I've been on dates, I don't know if that will help me not to think about him, and i know i did the right thing for breaking up with him.

• You did do the right thing, good for you ❤️ Good luck with the dating!

• I wouldn't keep contact with my ex too.
    :p

• Because it shows that you have moved on and it has ended between you two! Specially deleting pictures you had together!
    One day you'll find the guy who will want to show you off and never break up with you

• Becuase he is trying to move on and looking at your posts will make it harder for him

• cause i don't want to see him happy without me lol

• Maybe he just felt like it and there's no huge reason