I want to text her after months of no contact?

We haven't had contact in nearing four months now, but I thought of something funny all of a sudden. It used to be an inside joke between us. I was interested in her and we hung out a few times, but it seemed that her interest waned/wasn't reciprocated so I dropped it. But now I feel that this thing is too funny so I was going to text her.

As of this moment, I don't really have any expectation and I don't really care, as of right now, if she'll ever text me again after it. At the same time, I really hope that I don't fall into the trap of placing too much value in whether she'll text me ever again once I DO text her.

And, I have to admit it, I have been thinking about her everyday, and for some reason it feels that texting her will take a load from my shoulders. I just don't want to get false hope. I pretty much realize that if it hasn't happened by now, it won't. But I do want to protect myself.

So should I do it?

Okay I texted her the funny thing and she texted something funny back. Now what? How do I take it from here?

Most Helpful Girl

• i was in the exact same situation. and I contacted and he was happy to hear from me. I say go for it!

What Girls Said 2

• Call her. If you text her you may be waiting ages for a response and what's the point? If you want to speak to her, call her. Good luck.

• you could give it a go and see what happens

What Guys Said 2

• Text her. You'll only keep thinking about if you don't get in touch; calling is too intrusive considering the time span and she might just red button you, so text her.

Be honest. Just tell her, "Hey, long time no speak. [Funny thing happened] and it reminded me of you. Hope you're good"

• exact same sit. except its been a year for me. I'm gonna try to get in contact with her. good luck man