What do you think of dating a pregnant woman?

I met someone and have asked her to get together, so we have made plans. Other day she tells me she went to her doctor and found out she is pregnant.

not mine, never slept together. What I am wondering is, whether other people think it's ok to date a pregnant Woman and if anyone would? I am at least giving the first evening a chance, even if only to get to know her

Most Helpful Girl

• I don't think it would be 'bad' and if I were a friend of yours I wouldn't judge you for it. If I were you, I would have some questions. In what kind of situation did she get pregnant and am I okay with that? Is the dad out of the picture or might he be trouble? If we date, does she expect me to take care of it? Since Im not ready at all to be a parent.

Most Helpful Guy

• Ok it is a bit strange but lets look at it logically, would date someone who has children - If yes, same difference - My only concern would be what was relationship with father of child same for pregnant woman, woman with kids - I personally have no problem dating someone with kids.

• Good point, and at my age, at least where I live, many women have children, and if they are single, they are divorced, or have a lot of issues. The concern about the father is something that has been on my mind too. Most of the women I have been in a relationship with in at least the past 10 years have had children, I've never had problems with that.

What Girls Said 12

• If I was a dude, I wouldn't. It's less about what people think and more about the complex nature of the situation. If things don't work out, you've gotten attached to an infant you have zero legal rights to. Even if logically she tells you that you don't have to worry about it, time will pass and she'll expect you to help her out when you see that she's struggling. She'll expect you to take on a fatherly role and accept her child as you're accepting her. It will only be natural; all mothers crave for their children to experience a good father. This isn't exactly fair to you though because you didn't make this baby yet you would be putting a lot of time and money into the growth of this child.

Too messy and complicated.

• If you did, it would be a respectable and honorable action. She's not asking you for child support or to take care of it with her. You're just dating. Nothing to be afraid of.

• I decided I had nothing to lose to go on a date with her, figure as I get to know her I will figure out what she's looking for. Doesn't seem that she's expecting anything from me, but is enjoying our time together, haven't had any real discussion about how it happened yet.

• I wouldn't date a man who's expecting a child with another woman. Too much baggage.

• if i was a man i wouldn't date a pregnant woman

• Sure, why not. Might be an interesting life experience.

• I asked a question like this a while back.

• Y not Yolo right?

• if you really like her date her !

• Only date her if you're trying to be the step dad

• If you're OK with dating somebody with kids, it's probably a lot easier in these circumstances when the kid knows you from day 1.

• I dated when I was pregnant. It's up to you but babies change things, dramatically.

• I wouldn't, basically because I don't want any children, at least not in some years, also her having a baby from another guy can complicate things for you, unless she doesn't know who the father is or isn't willing to tell the father, I don't know, I just see it too complicated, especially if it's someone you don't even know that well

What Guys Said 13

• i suppose if you like a person enough and are ok with potentially dating a woman with a child that isn't yours it's fine

for me it would be a case by case situation but i'd like to think i wouldn't disqualify a pregnant woman as a potential partner

• The potential for drama is EXTREMELY HIGH! The potential for her being a needy female is higher than normal. The potential for her wanting to latch on to the first guy who shows an interest is higher. Beware!

• So she got pregnant from a one night stand? That's a huge red flag. I would never be with a girl that got pregnant from a one night stand.
    Also, dating a woman that is pregnant is a big NO for me, especially at my age, it doesn't say anything positive about her, quite the opposite.

• One thing is a given... There is zero possibility of getting her pregnant lol

• Is it ok in and of itself? Of course.
    Would I or any sane man do it? No.

• Not for me.

• Why would I date a women is she is pregnant? I mean if she is gonaa abort the baby maybe but then I wouldn't wanna date a women who sleeps around...
    So nope I wouldn't

• Run like the wind. Do not look back. Look ahead.

• Horrible idea.

• if its just dating then its ok, but i would not want to be together with her.

• Where on earth do you get these types of ideas? I'm sure you must be trolling.

• Nope i wouldn't do that.

• I wouldn't date a pregnant woman. Sounds like there will be too many complications involved.