What's the longest amount of time you've gone "liking" someone before you gave up or got into a relationship with them?

Share your stories!

Bump.
...

Most Helpful Guy

Most Helpful Girl

• 1.5 years. Had a crush on my boyfriends old high school friend, although I never acted on it because I'm not that kind of person. He had long hair, was a little chubby and probably half an inch shorter than me but he was so good looking, a very handsome face and that long hair just did things to me (hair down to his nipples). His personality was so darn friendly, funny and proactive. Apart from getting a little too drunk one night and showing us all his junk to prove a point during an argument (he's packing heat, gotta say) he's the sweetest thing. The kind of guy you are just happy to be around, and the kind of guy that is the life of the party without being a prick or a stuck up asshole.
    Anyway, my boyfriend and I caught up with him and a few other friends a few times, and then all of a sudden we all lost contact with him. He went off to do his own thing.
    Anyway, a year and a half later, without seeing, hearing from or speaking to his friend during that whole time, my boyfriend and I went south and we ended things on a low note.
    After a while I started thinking about my boyfriends friend, and I started to get curious. I looked him up on Facebook and noted that he was still single. So I decided to contact him. I asked him out on a date, straight up.
    At first he said no, he couldn't do that to his friend, my ex. But after a while he changed his mind. He hadn't spoken to my ex for over a year so I suppose he decided it wouldn't matter. He still told my ex out of respect that he was going to take me on a date. My ex couldn't have cared less.
    Anyway, our first date was climactic. He came and picked me up in his brand new car. He was so inlove with it, it was adorable.
    At the end of our date, a man was walking around the tables in the resturant, selling flowers. Well, of course he bought me one. And he got a me a little lady bug about the size of my pinky nail, with a sticky underside to stick to things. When we got back to the car, I stuck it on his dash. He's kept it there for over two years now, and I'm currently a very happy girl :)

What Guys Said 6

• My best friends younger sister for 6 years. I'm still crushing on her.

I've had chances to sleep with her but I would never do that to a homie (we've been friends for over 10 years)

• 2 years

• What happened with it?

• I let many months pass and try to talk to her again and she seems so shy and won't have any conversation with me, not even hello and if they are any, it's very short and to the point, and very brief Eye contact. 99% of the time she won't even acknowledge even greet/goodbye.. I can literally be standing beside her and she looks through me... If I get up to get something off the printer, she starts looking around the room for me I think (seems awful coincidental) After avoiding each other for so long I join the group for lunch again hoping things cleared up. Its peaceful. She only looks and talks to the other people sitting there like I'm invisible, when she gets up to leave, every time she will get up walk over stand beside me (like 2 feet, touching the back of the chair in my personal space kind of) and keep talking the, she turns and leaves just don't get it. I feel like she likes me, but the way she leaves me out and ignores my existence makes me second guess it all.

• finally realized that no matter how much I tried to love this person from a distance isn't working an tired of it, still crazy in love with somebody that can't stand me (acts that way at least) feeling drained by her. I feel like I could give her the world but her attitude toward me is awful. I applied for another job and had an interview for it today.

• 8 years. It started in elementary school. I proposed with a ring pop.

• 22 years.

• 7 year the high school girlfriend I thought got away about 3 years ago gave it anotger try and it went south fast

• it takes a while to give up, the longest i liked someone was 7 years until i found out she was a total snob and she hated me, then i lost interest. now since no girl ever likes me back i try to refrain myself from having crushes, because it goes nowhere.

What Girls Said 16

• 6 years. From 6th grade until my Junior yr. of high school. Got over him because I started seeing less and less of him, until I just didn't see him anymore. Found out my Senior year he got kicked out because he couldn't maintain the minimum 2.0 gpa required to stay. I look back on it now and want to smack myself because I don't know what the fuck I ever saw in him

• In elementary school I had a crush on this little blond guy for three school years. We had grades 1-3 together and I was crazy about him lol. He was mean to me because I wasn't the same color as him, he'd call me names a lot but I didn't give up until the third year.

He said a lot of messed up things that year and he made me cry a lot, plus I was going through puberty in the third grade so I had other things going on that the other kids didn't understand.

• Haha like over a year, maybe like 18 months or so 😅😭

• What happened with it?

• I finally confessed to him and he told me I'm "too tall", I actually got over it pretty quickly after that and we're actually friends now haha

• 5 years... elementary school crush. Lol 😂 I gave up.

• 9 years.

• 3 years. Nothing ever happened. We both started going to different schools so I was basically forced to get over him.

• Years! I just grew out of it. Out of sight, out of mind.

• probably 8 months. we both liked each other, kissed once, texted all the time- but we were both too shy to take the initiative. i ended up moving on to a guy that was more forward with me.

• A month maybe, not sure

• 4 years, when someone doesn't pay attention to you, you kind of give up and never look back.

• 8 years.

• A few months lol. Nothing ever happens so I move on quickly

• "Liking" someone is so vaugue. L o l

• I liked this guy for 6 years but he treated me like shit so I told him goodbye.

• In what ways did he treat you poorly?

• I'd rather not write about it online.

• I've been in love with the same man for 12 years. It is a man I work with... but nothing ever happened between us. He has feelings for me to.

• 5 years. Gave up.
    Then about 2 months later I found a guy that looks creepily similar, mutual friends of the old guy and I have confused the new guy for him. He has all the personality traits I loved about the old guy plus more that Iove. AND most importantly: this guy is interested in me and not just as a buddy.

• What had happened with the original guy? Did you tell him how you felt?

• Yes I did. He just wanted to be platonic friends (all we ever were.) That's why I gave up. And he was one of my best friends but we haven't spoke since it went down. At first I wasn't speaking to him. Now he isn't speaking to me. Life is funny sometimes.