When would be the right time to meet up with a guy you started talking to online?

2 weeks\2months? how long do you usually wait until you meet someone?

Most Helpful Guy

• 3 weeks 1 day 4 hours 1 minute 59 seconds 26 milliseconds 53 microseconds 6 nanoseconds sorry I can't be more precise

Most Helpful Girl

• I don't know I've never met anyone online before, but do be VERY CAUTIOUS and meet him in a public area for the first few times you meet up. E. G. starbucks, your local BUSY mall, a restaurant, etc.

Always have your own way of getting to the destination and for getting home. Don't accept any rides or anything and always have an excuse ready ("oh no I don't need a ride I'm meeting up with some friends and I already ordered my Uber"). If he insists just tell him to F off.

Also, always let someone know who you are meeting and where.

You can never be too safe.

What Guys Said 10

• Honestly I'd say the earlier the better.

A if you hit it off really well you can progress better
    B. If you don't and he's a total loser you can move on and find someone else without feeling like you wasted 2 months

• 4 days-a week

• never got that far. id say it depends on how much youve been talking. if its on the reg, then a week id say would be fine.

• I would after just a few days of talking. lol

• Depends upon the distance and your comfort level.

• there's no rule.. its basically whenever you feel comfortable/... id suggest that the first time you meet a new person, you do it in a public place

• Meeting doesn't have a cool off time. you can meet him anytime. But sex, later 😂

• Anytime. Just in a public place lol

• if i talked to someone online it just depends on how i get to know her, but id like to meet asap no specific time frame.

1 private opinion(s)
Only the asker and the opinion owner can see it. Learn more

What Girls Said 8

• Within a week if we hit it off. I hate talking online for too long because I heavily believe in face to face interactions and to test if there is an actual connection or not.

• What online platform did you meet on? Was it a dating site?

If I'm in it for a date, I don't like to take too long before we meet. I don't want to waste time if there's no connection in real life.

• Kind of, it was an app where you could meet people

• Could I message you?

• Absolutely! 😊

• I met my guy online and we met in person for the first time exactly one month after.
    We didn't really plan for it to be one month, it's just that our schedules happen to coincide that particular date.

• I've only done this once, but I met the guy four days after we connected online.

• i use tinder and i make sure the person is actually who they say they are before meeting up with them. for example, if we have mutual friends or i know/have heard of them before. if not, then ill make sure i add him on fb just so i know he's real.

• As long as you feel like you're ready to meet him, then just do it! :)

• I would usually wait a month but that never ends well. So I don't know if a week of just meeting him is soon

• If you feel that you have a strong connection with him then the length of time doesn't really matter. That's just me though.

• I go meet guys the next dayyy lmao

• Right away! Don't waste any time talking to someone. Meet in person