Is being independent/ confident a turn off to guys?

So it's been a running theme that guys seem interested for a while then just become ghost. I know I'm not unattractive I'm tiny with an athletic-ish build and a pretty decent face. I mean I have my bad days but who doesn't. I'm not the kind of girl who is ditzy and acts Stupid to impress a guy. I know I'm smart and I'm independent/ confident, and I feel like it may be scaring guys away I know I'm quite young to be thinking about this I'm only 19, but I don't like not knowing if it's me or not. So is it me? Is being confident scaring guys away?

Most Helpful Girl

• I certainly hope not.

Most Helpful Guy

• In my opinion no the independent part
    Is not it all and the more confidence the better it makes me feel like she's less likely to mess up cause she's not seeking out affection which makes me feel important. But you do have to be careful with how you come off about it. Sometimes it can seem like your bragging or putting him down and that can drive a man crazy. He should never feel like because of your confidence and success that he will never be good enough to make you happy so you have to show him that you like him the way he is and that your not setting expectations he can't meet.

What Girls Said 2

• My experience

Some men love this and find it really refreshing.
    Others totally don't, preferring instead to be needed and depended on.

• it depends. some guys like that while others are intimidated by that.

What Guys Said 7

• You being independent should become more of an advantage for you on the dating market as you get older...

but...

1) is your independence so in-your-face that you might come across as unapproachable/uninterested?

2) do you go for guys who don't like the type of girl you are?

• By no means is it a turn off, some find it really nice to not have to worry all the time or having someone they can depend on instead, and some like having girls/guys rely on them, in my experience, i like independent girls, but i like a balance too, knowing that i'd be the one and only person they rely on, and also knowing that i could rely on them too.

• No. Short and simple answer... no.

• Maybe it's the bad days ruining the relationship.

• No, I dont think thats a turnoff. I find those qualities preferable to the stupid kind of girl. Out of curiosity why is your name in blue? I thought all girls on this site had their names in pink and guys had their names in blue.

• No, it's a major turn on for me.

• Total turn-on for me~