Do guys avoid approaching me cuz I'm indian?

I'm an indian female living in a predominantly white city in Canada. I'm attractive, have a very toned body, light skinned and often get mistaken as a latina. I'm very flirtatious and when I'm into a guy i make it blatantly obvious that I'm into him. I'm very friendly, bubbly and sociable. But I never get approached or hit on by dudes like my white friends, although I'm just as attractive.

Most Helpful Guy

• Lots of girls feel like they are avoided by guys, in this case it seems like the easiest reason to grab onto is the superficial differences between Caucasians and Asians (Indians).

For other girls, they wonder if it's because they are too fat, too skinny, too blonde, too brunette, too preppy, or too emo... Truth be told, getting asked out just isn't that common an occurrence for some girls and it's not just because of any one factor.

What Guys Said 13

• Maybe you're trying too hard. From what I see in American programmes and reality shows, Indians settled in the west are not as cool or laid back as the Indians in India. They run around , jump into everything, trying to get attention and so on. Well I don't know if all of them are like this. Try to be a bit less bubbly. White guys who visit India often fall in love with indian girls rather than the Indians settled in the west. Indian, Pakistani and Bangladeshi girls are precious. You're unique in looks and having good family skills. You don't have to try harder.

• Hmmm do I know you? Your A ok if this is who I think it is

• You say you're attractive, how high have you set your own bar for men?

• I will admit that I have high standards but I don't think they are unreasonably high. I feel like guys are kind of reluctant to flirt with me or approach me.

• Good looking guys usually know it, and that they have options. They dont have to chase unless it's their perfect girl (might be you, might not be you). Of course it might simply be because you're Indian, the culture clash regarding families etc might be too much for them.

• You're my ideal woman... I'd probably think you were taking. May or may not approach depending on circumstance. You approaching may put me on the right path to get the interest clues. But I do hear the really attractive women get hit on a lot less.
    P. S. Marry me?

• Maybe it's because you're obsessed with white folks

• I actually prefer to date within my own race but I happen to live in a city that is 99% white.

• K have a good day

• You too :)

• Its possible, worried you might not like them or they could have interest in other races, i myself wouldn't mind asking out a indian woman, i think their beautiful

• maybe you have high standards, and this happens to lot of girls.

• Wtf lol how could it says here I block you? I don't think ever clicked the block button on your profile.

• Wow this is seriously insane because I know I'd never simply block a person without a reason. Also, you never seem to appear as offensive or anything. Whatever it is, really sorry for this lol.

• @desidoll naah its alright, no prob

• I don't think the problem here is your ethnicity.

• Yes.

• Maybe you shouldn't make it that obvious

• mostly people think Indian are so conservative.

• I doubt that's the reason if you're really how you say you are

• Which city? I will come date you if you are not far :)

What Girls Said 7

• I need picture to decide babe :) Being mistaken as Latina doesn't automatically make every guy think you're attractive though.

What is wrong with all the Indians here? If you don't get approached it's either the people around you don't find you attractive, or your personality turn them off. Nothing to do with you being Indian. I am Indian and have ZERO problem with guys (Asian, Black, Arab, Latin, White) so I really don't understand the dating problem that other Indians are facing. I've been approached by pretty much all races but of course not ALL of the men of these races find me attractive. You can't fit everyone's preference.

• That s cause you re gorge 😍

• @TripleAce but dude usually when I go abroad I get more attention.
      opposites attract

• @archiz Yes it is but I remember your previous profile pic. Your hair there was soooooo gorgeous! The curl was like so fluffy.

• "Often get mistaken as a Latina" is that a good or a bad thing? O. o

I'd say you probably just have high standards or maybe you haven't met someone who fits with your personality yet. Maybe (I doubt it's because of race) you come off as hard to approach, are you quiet, serious, have a resting bitch face etc?

• Sometimes guys are intimidated to approach girls they think will turn them down. You already said you have a high standard for men, have you developed a reputation of turning down offers perhaps? That would scare suitors away quickly.

• Possibly true

• Maybe you are much flirtatious at the early stage of knowing a guy. Just keep a bit of guessing game for some time then try to flirt it your way to him when you are sure that he like you already.

• I don't think that would be why.

• You know what they say then.. guys fear approaching a good looking girl so take it as a compliment