WHY can't YOU FORGET YOUR FIRST LOVER?

SO the saying goes "you'll always remember the first person you've ever slept with". Is that true?

Most Helpful Guy

• The brain's chemical structure is wired for monogamy, and yearns to make that first time be the only lover you ever need. Yet, because first time mates are often chosen poorly, we're culturally conditioned to suppress that urge in order to find greener pastures. Yet, secretly wish the journey hadn't been necessary in the first place.

Most Helpful Girl

• Yea, because society puts such an emphasis on losing your virginity. Plus it's the first time so that always leaves the biggest impact. So that's "forget" in a very strict definition of the term. If you're talking about still loving them or having care for them or whatever, I don't think that's true. I definitely have no interest or feelings or anything left for the guy that took my virginity.

Typically I think it means the first person that you truly LOVED because that's a much deeper emotion.

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 3

• you might not ever forget them, but u won't feel some deep bond or connection to them. u just remember them like u remember ur first best frind.

• We had sex a lot but honestly, I barely remember his face. I remember his small penis though and that he was nice.

• Eh, for me it is at least. But my first partner is also my last so there's also that.