Is it acceptable if your boyfriend chooses a bachelors over your birthday?

Its my first birthday with him and he's going to a bachelors instead

Most Helpful Guy

• i think so. a bachelor party and subsequent wedding hopefully only occur once in a person's life. he can celebrate your birthday on another day. he can't celibrate a person's bachelor party on another day

Most Helpful Girl

• That is actually a very tricky thing for the both of you. Is the friend like REALLY close to him?
    If yes, then it explains his decision a little.

He could have also made time for the both of you, like divide his day.
    If he didn't maybe he will make it up to you later if he absolutely couldn't ditch his friend's bachelor's.
    ALSO, he may not be all that into celebrating birthdays.

Answer mine?
    www.girlsaskguys.com/.../q2059090-am-i-overthinking-this

What Guys Said 7

• Why not celebrate both?

• Depends which was planned first.

• He should celebrate both, although he should wash the glitter and stank off him before he meets you. :D

• no, it isn't

• Depends, was the bachelor party scheduled first?

• My birthday was obviously scheduled first

• How long has he and you known about bachelor party? because you're sounding selfish af.

"MY BIRTHDAY WAS OBVIOUSLY SCHEDULED FIRST" that comment proves it.

• who cares.. people make a big deal out of their birthdays.. its just another day on the calendar

• Yeah, birthdays are every year. And you are a new relationship. It probably won't last. Obviously the bachelor party is with a good friend. That relationship with probably last longer.

What Girls Said 11

• it depends~ if it's his best friend, relative, or someone he's known for a while, then by all means go to the bachelor party. these things only happen once (for most people), after all.

that said... if we had already made plans for my birthday and he cancelled on me to go to the party, that definitely wouldn't fly with me.

• If we haven't been dating long, I wouldn't worry about it. Even if we had been dating long, I wouldn't want to keep him from his friends. We can celebrate my birthday earlier in the day, or another day perhaps.

• That's kinda fucked up. At the very least if it was so important for him to go, he should have tried to reschedule your celebration first. If he couldn't, then sorry, but the bachelor party should have been dropped, not you.

• cdn-wpmsa.defymedia.com/.../Big-Deal.gif

I think it would be natural to be dissapointed but, a person's bachelor party doesn't happen every year like your birthday.

Just celebrate your birthday on another day or he sees you during the day and his friends at night.

• Bachelor party for a friend's wedding? How close is he to this friend and how long have you guys been together? It really depends.

• not to me. i wouldn't b ok with that.

• He shouldn't go to the bachelor party. But I'm also not surprised he is. He should stay home with you for your birthday, he should want nothing more than to spend it with you. He is probably just not a sentimental or sensitive guy. And if that is your type then don't spend any more time with this one, and you deserve to be happy.

• Well you can celebrate both. Do something with him earlier in the day and then he can be there for his friend later that night.

• no don't worry about it

• It's rude.

• Personally i'd be fine with that. I'd let him know we can do something on another day and i'd expect him to come through and actually do it.