Guy I'm dating has only been single for a month?

So I just started dating a new guy (literally only one date and talking a lot)
and we were texting and I asked out of curiosity how long he's been single and he said, "About a month actually I hope that's not too scary for you..."

so I asked was he over her so soon and did anything shady happen and he said, "Nothing shady from either side. It was actually pretty mutual and it honestly was kind of over for awhile before it officially ended. We were just fighting a lot and neither of us were happy anymore. It got pretty ugly at the end so I'm definitely over her and there won't be any reconciliation or feelings towards her I promise."

is this a red flag or no big deal?
He's 29 and I'm 23 if that matters at all.

Most Helpful Guy

• Better than him still dating her.

Most Helpful Girl

• I totally understand and it would make me nervous too. But since he said that the two were over for awhile before it ended that is totally reasonable and I would be comfortable with that. Also a good thing that it was not a fight and was mutual because if it was a big fight that ended it, people will stop being angry and want to get back together and will hook up with others out of spite, but that is also not the situation here. Basically, he said EXACTLY the right things and I would be totally comfortable with it. He also knew it would be a concern of yours which is also a very good thing. Don't worry about it, he sounds pretty decent.

What Guys Said 1

• I would say it depends on how long the relationship was. If he has been dating them for years then I doubt he will be eager to be serious with you.

What Girls Said 2

• No big deal to me. Sometimes relationships do end, and people fall out of love way before they officially break up. Especially if it was mutual I feel like they both just recognized that it was better that way. I wouldn't be too concerned about this.

• I don't think that's a big deal. I haven't been single for more than two weeks in the past three years. Some people move on more quickly than others.