I feel like my boyfriend doesn't consider my feelings, any advice?

We've been together almost a year and certain things bother me. When we lived in the same town he never would visit me and I'd always have to go to his place. When I used to go to his building we set up a time but he'd always come like 10 minutes late and all that time I was standing outside in -30C. He promised to take me out for dinner a few times but he made an excuse every time and lied that they were all booked. For the summer he lives back home with his parents and I've visited him three times and that cost me $700 cad. For special occasions I'd buy him a little something. He didn't do anything for Christmas, Valentine's or my birthday. At least he said happy birthday so that was a bonus. I feel like I've done so much for him helping him clean, cook, drive him, and he even wanted me to go on the pill so I did. Then he tells me how he goes partying every weekend how his guy friends get mad at him for talking to girls and I'm left feeling hurt because why would they get mad at him if they know he has a girlfriend. I let all that slide because I love him and when we're together he's sweet and caring. We're supposed to go camping this weekend and he bought a bag for us but now he said how it's too small how he wants me to go look for one. He said "can't do it all on my own". That last comment bothers me because he could have easily said hey can you check around town for a larger bag thanks. The all on my own bothers me. Plus he said we'd rent a car to travel there and I'm pretty sure he thinks that I'll be paying for it, and I'm the one who rented a hotel room close to another city we'll be visiting. I'm super tight on cash right now and the other day he told me how he's working overtime how he's making cash. I know he's cheap but I feel frustrated.

Most Helpful Guy

• You should go and find a better man. For real. One that will treat you special on your birthday, Valentine's and Christmas. Hell if he won't I will XD

• Thanks for the advice.

Most Helpful Girl

• Next him. It doesn't sound like you're getting anything good out of this relationship. Why hold on to it?

• I feel like we have a lot of common interests and we get along. Plus I've invested so much. He tells me he loves me and I love him too. In our year together he's taken me out to the movies once, and I think it's the way he is I'm not sure. His ex left him and maybe that affected him but I've tried my hardest. I feel like he doesn't realize just how much I put in especially when he makes a comment like that after everything.

• Should I flat out ask him if he sees us going anywhere? I know he makes life plans for himself like moving but I feel like he doesn't consider me or see us lasting. But then he told me he never met someone he had so much in common. It's like a step forward and two back. I feel like the biggest fool.

• Absolutely. And if he doesn't see himself contributing to the relationship, like ever, then you can leave him without guilt.

What Guys Said 1

• He is playing you like a violin. You are the best type of girlfriend to have for a guy not wanting anything serious. A booty call who pays for everything herself.

• If he considers me that would he still introduce me to his family? He knows I want something serious so wouldn't he let me go?

• He has nothing to lose by bringing you near his family. And it obviously works well for stringing you along.

"He knows I want something serious so wouldn't he let me go?"

Only if he cared about your feelings more than his own desires. This doesn't sound like a winning situation for you. Sorry.

What Girls Said 2

• Leave him. You don't have to put up with that.

• Tell him/her they need to chip in then.