Do you prefer to reserve a seat at a movie theater or pick your own seating?

I find this to be mandatory at some theaters now and find myself paying the extra $1.50 to reserve ahead of time only to find out it wasn't necessary when I get there. I also don't like selecting seats only to sit elsewhere because of some obnoxious couple near us and then having to move again because some reserved that seat.

What are your thoughts? Like it or hate it?

Most Helpful Girl

• At the theater closest to me you HAVE to reserve a seat. I don't mind it, I'm good at blocking people out if I'm watching something I'm into.

• Did you reserve seats and go to the new Star Trek movie? I think I recall you mentioning about going to see it in some prior post.

• I haven't gone yet.

• I won't let you know how good it was.. http://www. cool-smileys. com/images/12-cool-shades-emoticon. gif

What Girls Said 4

• I don't think I've ever reserved a seat at a movie theater. Lol I always just go get my ticket and then sit wherever I like that's available.

• I preferred that myself. I think this forced reserving of seats is starting to become standard at the larger theater chains.

• Ah, interesting. I live in a pretty small town so it's not something most people here do.

• I never heard of reserving your seat at a movie theater before. I just go in and pick a seat.

• I love reserving seats :) that way me and whoever I'm going with can sit together

• That's not a common thing here. Only for premiere weekends at IMAX showings, really.

What Guys Said 2

• I think it's dumb, it's good to reserve a spot but not a seat unless you want some together in a row because of friends

• Going to a movie is more of a spur of the moment sort of thing for me most of the time.