Is there anything wrong with wanting to date and get to know someone you don't know well?

Some friends were telling me that it's best to date other friends because you shouldn't date people you don't know at all. However, I don't think I should limit myself to that. I would like to get to know someone I see all the time, but don't know that well. Is there anything wrong and do you have any advice on how to do so? Thanks.

What Guys Said 2

• I think you can date whoever you please, as long as you feel comfortable / safe. Just don't be pressured into anything.

If they are telling you it's best to date friends, it's because they probably got cold feet somewhere down the line.

• You mean like a co worker or someone you always see working at the coffee shop?

What Girls Said 1

• Nothing wrong with that, I've had the same said to me, but I don't fancy any of my male friends!

Dating is a way of getting to know someone in itself.