What's the best and worst date you've ever had?

Most Helpful Guy

• Best date, we went out and came back and had sex.

Worst date, she wanted to "see my new pet rat" but stupid me didn't clean before the date, so I walked her home instead.

Most Helpful Girl

• I've only had good dates so far :)

What Guys Said 26

• Maybe first date with my wife.

It actually sucked most of the time because our idea to date came from when we were drunk friends and ended up kissing. We tried to walk around, go to dinner, and nothing was working for me. I was usually not so bad at developing a close bond with the girl quite quickly, but this date was unusual since I knew the girl for over a year -- she wasn't a mere acquaintance. She also knew some of my routines with women already and wasn't the type to fall for me easily. It seemed flat-lined. Our conversations were awkward and we weren't having much physical contact.

So I got pissed off and jammed the stop button on the elevator while we were alone on our way down from the restaurant and just grabbed her and kissed her. I never had to make a bold initiative like that before on a date, things usually happened but I had to force it that time. Then she kissed back and we then resumed the elevator while going up and down floors, trying to stop when the doors opened only to bounce back and forth from the top and bottom floor. After some people got in at the ground floor, we kind of hurried out the elevator and back home and I'll omit the rest of the details.

It wasn't necessarily the "best date". Actually in many respects it was the worst. But it's the fondest for me. And it was the one time I had to be so bold to kind of heat up the date and make things happen, but it fortunately worked out.

• Our following dates weren't so awkward after that. Just needed a bit of forced heat to get things moving. My first impression of my wife when I first met her was "stuck-up bitch". Her impression of me was "jackass womanizer". We were kind of an unlikely match, but everything worked out once things heated up.

• TL;DR Edition

Worst: made long trip, girlfriend sent me home so she could cheat on me with her other boyfriend.

Best: night of my first romantic kiss.

Full-Length Feature Edition

WORST: Not really a date, but short enough to qualify I guess. I was in a medium-distance relationship where we lived in different cities about 2.5 hours apart and spent the weekends together. I took the train down and the taxi to her place. About five minutes after I get there the phone rings. She picks it up, then tells me she'll meet me outside. She comes out and tells me I can't stay the weekend. She has four exams that week and she would either not study enough or feel guilty about not being able to give me attention. I'm disappointed, but I'm the "perfect boyfriend," so I don't argue. I want her to do well and not feel like she owes me anything. I took the taxi and train back to my city. There's no connecting train back to my town available at 2 AM, so I slept on a bench in the train station. Got woken up by the cops. Sat outside in the cold for three hours waiting for the first train home.

When you're dumb enough to blindly trust someone you can be oblivious to the obvious truth. Yeah, her OTHER boyfriend called and decided to visit her that weekend.

BEST: The night of my first romantic kiss. Different girl than above. I co-ran the Chess & Checkers Club at my high school, which was mostly a front to get funding to throw parties. We sat with our arms wrapped around each other, listening to music and chatting with friends, then wound up in a conversation over a game of chess (!) after everyone left. I walked her home, and for whatever reason everything converged into a single perfect moment... from the lighting in the small square where we stopped and turned toward each other like we both just knew that something special was about to happen, to the snow gently falling into her hair, to the air cold enough to turn the tip of your nose red but not so cold you need to bundle up, to the way we came together.

They say that your first kiss is always terrible, because you don't know what you're doing, but that was still the best kiss of my life. Twenty years later I sometimes wonder if she ever thinks about it or remembers it like I do, but then I realize the memory is so good that I don't want to know.

• How'd you find out? (First story)

• @SoAddicted We met up once and talked a few times after that about our relationship, and I connected the dots. When I asked her about that weekend, because that's when things really started to go downhill from my perspective, she admitted that she lied. I knew who the guy was. He had called many other times when I was around, but she always insisted he was just a "close family friend." He was maybe ten years older and a doctor, and I guess I looked at where we were in our lives and didn't consider him a rival. They ended up getting married, alas.

Mind you, I'm old, so this was just before normal people started carrying cell phones. When you were travelling, unless you were in a car with a car phone, you were out of contact until you reached a pay phone. Today a guy or girl could obviously pull off what she did without all the hassle.

• Yikes 😬

• I don't go on dates per se - I kinda meet a girl and we start to hang out sometimes ending up in a relationship sometimes not - The best many great hangouts with a new girl - The worst I met a girl at a bar, we were both really drunk and we got on quite well (or so we thought), we arranged to meet up later in week, that evening the conversation was like trying to get blood from a stone.
    http://i48.tinypic.com/205qush.jpg
    The very worst part is no one would do a mercy killing. I walked her home, she brought me home for a coffee it was an awful half hour before we agreed the night had died a thousand deaths.

• Worst date was in may of last year. We met up had a little bit of lunch at the beach enjoyed some. conversation share a pudding together when her boyfriend show up !!! Turns out she had a boyfriend and was unhappy and keeping her options open.

Not really a date but we used to class it as one after it lol Best date was will my ex we both went skydiving I had one of the sky dive vouchers I met her in the meeting as we where getting told about what to do I met her shook her hand we got talking for hours then we both jam out of the plane was the best time of my life then we landed and I seen her waiting to go on the bus when she was done I picked her up and asked her for a drink we both had food drinks laughed the night away danced under the stars and we ended up being together for what I thought was going to be ever.

• Met someone on POF. com. Picked her up and all I could think is "Linebacker". OMG... I couldn't look her in the eye. I spent half of a very short date looking everywhere but at her. we called it early. I think the whole date as about 90 min.

• I have never dated in my lifetime. I never wish to date either.

• I did a fair bit of internet dating. The worst were the ones where the woman looked nothing like the photos she posted. It was hard to be polite and avoid saying things like "What happened to this girl? What was that, ten years and a hundred pounds ago?", and to the woman who described herself as a few extra pounds, but was about 5-4 and 250 pounds "Uh, I don't think a hundred and twenty pounds is 'a few'"

• Oo that would have been my first date ever when I had just got into highschool , it was fun it was at the movies and it was a double date her sister and my best friend and her parents where there watching us like eagles ready to attack the entire time lmao.

• Worst Date: Someone who wanted to go out with me. And she constantly lectured me on how Im not making enough money (then she claims I dont love her when she belittled me in front of people during the date)

Best Date: can't say I had one, even when sex was involved...

• Both are still to come Clarisa... I've been close once and I've been out with girls I liked but they were not single so it was the "good chat and be a good guy" type of date :D

• Best date ill save that. But worst date I think meeting someone and them having absolutely nothing to say. Thank god for that nice ass otherwise fack

• I mean I watched the girl I was dating kiss another guy at our prom. We didn't go together for that, she was already going with a gay guy (Which is not the one she kissed.) before we started dating.
    I was also supposed to take a close friend to that prom, but she thought it'd be better if she went alone than with me.
    That was the closest I ever had to a date, and I doubt I'll ever get one in the future, so like that's my best and worst "date".

• Lol some chick from tinder showed up looking like 30 pounds heavier and told me her pics on tinder were 6 months old lmaoo I bailed after like 3 mins

• Best date was when this chick paid for an all-u-can-eat buffet. Worst date is when I paid and didn't get any.

• Worst date is when we went to a restaurant for dinner and her parents happened to be in the same restaurant... It was awkward nonetheless and she wanted me to meet her parents... That was our second date...

• You are a girl you are not going to end up alone lmao

• i had only 1 date in my whole life and it was the worst date of my life

• None, since I never dated. I have had African American women ask me out for dates, but I declined, since I'm only attracted to white women.

• Never dated

• All my dates have been my best...

• All dates are the worst till you get some p*ssy, Then they turn into the best! <3

• Worst: she ran from me, best: a walk in the park

• I haven't had a date ever

• none

• my worst date was my first girlfriend because i was just too young and a nervous wreck. my best one was my junior year of high school girlfriend, only because we made out in the movie theater. i do feel like im going to wind up alone though

1 private opinion(s)
Only the asker and the opinion owner can see it. Learn more

What Girls Said 7

• Best date
    My second date with my boyfriend-we had been talking for a while, and we were really into each other. We went to a nature park and then a canopy walk. Only the rain got too intense, we were under a terrible thunderstorm in a tree canopy. We shared out first kiss then :) by the time we made it back inside, we were soaking wet.
    Worst
    It wasn't even that bad, but probably a tie between the one that didn't go anywhere and the one where the guy kept asking "So, when are we gonna kiss?"

• Best date - we ate lunch at noon and then he ate me all afternoon
    Worst date - went on a date with an older gentleman who bragged a lot about his abilities through sexual innuendos on previous dates only to find out that not only was it below average size, he was too nervous to perform.

• Best? Probably never had one :/
    Worst? Guy turned up on crutches 30 minutes late and then took me to Pizza Hut. No thanks.

• Worst: guy was so nervous, shaking the whole time, couldn't talk (I had to do ALLL the talking), almost crashed his car -_- I have no idea wtf his issue was.

Best: was spur of the moment thing (which I love) we went to get Starbucks then went to the boardwalk all on his motorcycle 😎😎

• Any date I've been on is meh.

• I've only had one: double date, his car broke down, so I had to meet his family, and he tried to tell me he loved me.

So... Yeah. 😂

• I haven't had a worst one till date. But the best one was in a rainy season. We had gud times in a strange hill station openly in rain as nobody ver der.