If Marriage is so stupid and so useless then why are all the smart guys married?

Guess what? Almost all of the presidents of United States have been married men. most of the nasa scientists are married. So is mgtow for stupid guys?

Most Helpful Guy

• Look at my username.

- You can't become president without a first lady. It's crowd/vote pleaser and not a pleasure pleaser.
    - A couple of nerds that never dated before, now have money are now married? NOt a surprise

I am far from stupid. I have a lot things gong for me. I've built my own business es and did well with them. Everytime when I get into a relationship the women wants to take that what i've built from me. Most likely because of their insecurity. Because of this I have been in terrible situations that easily could have ruined my life. Do you expect me to marry them, divorce and lose 50% to them? I don't think so.

The SMART thing to do is not to get married and live my life happy. Isn't being happy what life is all about? And I certainly do not fall for shaming techniques like yours.

At the same time I also want to say that marriage can be a good thing for some people. I am not against marriage. But I also see it's not for me so I made the right choice. And NO... I have no problem staying faithful.

• All the successful and intelligent men I know are MARRIED!!! All the bitter basement dwellers I know are part of the mgtow movement. Why is that?

• Fun fact: The 15th US President, James Buchanan, was actually a lifelong bachelor. He had one of his nieces (I think, if I remember right) perform the hostess duties typical of a First Lady.

• @redeyemindtricks Nice info. I like those things. I believe that in this current campaign there was a bachelor trying to become president but I don't think he's gonna make it until he becomes so called "intelligent".

Most Helpful Girl

What Guys Said 33

• A few things you might consider;

- It's likely most MGTOW's are men who have already been married.

- Getting married/having a family makes men work much much harder! The men who want to get married, regardless of the risk or how stupid it is, are generally the same men who pursue careers.

- When a man decides he wants to walk away from his soul crushing gender roll that generally means a career becomes much less important. Instead he will find work he enjoys or a job that will allow him to pursue his interests and be happy.

- When a man no longer seeks approval from women his job title become much less important. Generally the only down side to a man making less money and having more free time is women find him less attractive. So if that's no longer a priority for him then why should he care about his job title.

- Plenty of smart men are MGTOW, the only thing new about MGTOW is how common it's becoming and the name. It's some thing men have been doing for thousands of years, it's just now that they are starting to do it by the millions.

- Some are going to be social outcasts, men who struggle for what ever reason to form connections with other people, in this case women.

• Because they would have been shunned and socially ridiculed if they wouldn't have done it. Smart men for whom their social status matters, marry not because marriage is good, but because the good image it gives about you is good.

• The two aren't even remotely connected.

It's only in the last several decades that single men have been able to progress beyond a certain point in their employment, and employers STILL prefer married men because they will tolerate all manner of abuse that would cause a single man to find a new job. Married men don't have options, since princess cupcake will divorce them if they're suddenly unemployed.

Politicians have to appeal to the largest number of people possible if they want to be elected. Society STILL expects men to enslave themselves to a woman, and generally won't elect men that haven't done so.

Most men still cave to societal expectations and pressure, and that includes scientists. And let's face it, being brilliant at physics doesn't mean someone is smart about legal matters, nor that they make good decisions.

In decades past, unmarried men were denied housing, denied promotions at work, denied employment, shunned due to suspicions that they were homosexual or pedo. We're STILL treated like pariahs if there are kids anywhere in the zip code. I recently had a young girl (6-8 years old) get on the elevator I was on. I considered leaving and carrying all my bags and boxes down three flights of stairs just so there was no possibility of some dumb bitch saying I did anything to her little princess snowflake. I've dealt with murderers and gang bangers, been shot at, live in an area where mountain lions and grizzly bears eat hikers, and none of that shit causes me concern. The only reason I didn't leave that elevator is because I was tired from working 10 hours in 100 degree heat and high humidity and walking 5+ miles on an uneven, shifting surface.

It's only how ubiquitous the internet has become that's caused any changes in how unmarried men are treated, and that's pretty much because of how many of us there are. Now that it's easier for men to talk without constantly having a woman around, it's easier for men to warn each other away from marriage. The net also makes it a lot easier to research what marriage means for a man, how likely divorce is, and how badly he'll be destroyed in the divorce. It also makes it a lot easier to learn the truth about women, instead of relying on bulldrek from a priest (who has a vested interest in seeing men enslave themselves) or older people whose info has been obsolete for half a century.

• your intelligence really isn't linked to your decision on whether or not to get married. Keep in mind that even the most intelligent people will often succumb to societal pressures and expectations. That isn't to say they they're all forced into marriage, but there's a strong incentive there not to remain single. Look at Elon Musk. Sure, the guy got married, then he got divorced recently and had to pay his ex wife millions upon millions of dollars... and now johnny depp's now ex wife that he is STILL in the process of divorcing has been seen courting elon musk. For all his brains, he can't even smell a wolf in sheep clothing. Moral of the story, you need to separate love from intelligence. Love and the need to feel loved often taps into the irrational side of human nature

• A bit of a simplistic theory but sometimes it can appear that way - Marriage is the majority position and I hope happily married is a large proportion of that but many long term single guys or homosexuals are very smart (All the other sexualities included) - MGTOW is like anything, I can engage with the moderate reasonable guys but the extermists would not convert me to their beliefs same goes for feminists and extreme feminists plus all the other movements.

• Marriage has evolved into something else; it's antiquated.

• The tradition of "one pussy for life" has been going on for too long, to completely stop in just a day.

• "Have been" is very different since traditional values have changed. Most of the presidents reigned when women couldn't even vote.

"Are" relative to 1st World Countries is just the current norm. Most individuals regardless of occupation marry least last once.

Your argument is flawed.

• All the professional and intelligent white collar men I know are married. If marriage was a stupid thing these men wouldn't be getting married.

• False. First being a professional doesn't make you intelligent in matters of romance and secondly there's far greater social pressure for men of higher status to adhere to societal norms therefore easily explaining this should they be younger than 40. Furthermore they likely married older and married into scenarios that alleviate pressure on the marriage itself.

• It's questionable whether Presidents are smart!

MGTOW isn't just about rejecting marriage.

The faculty of reason is volitional.

• This question gives me cancer.

• Indepndent of what you think of marriage - these guys are married for their public appearance. Having a stable marriage makes them more respectable towards society since they show commitment to a cause.

• smart guys and love are two opposite things. So smart men don't make good love decisions. Tesla and Newton, the greatest thinkers ever, died virgins

• Tesla fell in love with a pigeon.

• Newton was off his rocker too. He was trying to use calculus and the Bible to predict the doomsday.

• @LaVilaine lol, I would give anything to have a drunk night with Newton and tesla ha ha. Even that Nash dude (from a beautiful mind) was loopy. I suppose your brain is on another level when you are that clever. But again, intelligence doesn't correlate with love or attraction. And I would like to remind everyone how many lawyers and politicians have been in shit for affairs! Bill Clinton Being my favorite lol

• People are indoctrinated to think that marriage is a necessity in "taking their relationship to a next level".

• Marriage is more socially accepted. If a guy gets too old and isn't married most cultures as questions about why.
    Insinuations the man is either gay or insane are made

• Marriage is only stupid to the ignorant or those idiots who think it's a scheme or outdated.

• Your opinions aren't fact

• Well that's you.

If I had to look at the same person every day, I would have a stroke and probably domestic violence charges. God help me if she expects me to support her.

• @BigBallerSodaPop I'll quote your directly when I say.

Well that's you.

Most people on average aren't going to have murderous or violent thoughts if they have to look at the same person everyday.

• no mgtow is for smart men. marriage is for women and the children it in no way benefits men.

• smart guys dont get married to hoes, that's it. they learn the lesson when they're younger

mgtow is for disenchanted, bitter, frustrated guys. guys that have been hurt by stupid girls. so? people getting out of the game, which means less choices for stupid women and more choices for sexual predators, good guys, etc

• Well, I don't think marriage is stupid. But the problem is that it's really difficult for me to impress women.

That's my dilemma. Marriage is beautiful, but it's not for everyone. Not for the social outcasts like myself.

• i am married to my freedom, i guess that makes me even smarter.

• Marriage only benefits women.

6 reasons men don't want to get married.
    1. They'll lose respect.
    2. They'll lose out on sex.
    3. They can lose their children and their money.
    4. They can lose their space.
    5. They can lose their freedom.
    6. The single life is better than ever.

• There's only one current president of the USA. And he's pretty dumb.

WHat's so smart about getting married? Since you think you're such a fucking genius?

• I'm married to pink anon OP. Am I smart?

• Most men that become succesfull are married. It's important to have somebody hold your back when you are indulging in risky business..

I don't know about statistics on female part.

• they want to be with somebody for life... that's normal, nothing to do with intelligence nor lack of it.

• Because they married smart woman.

• um, dunno if you know this, but just incase... dumb people are also capable of marriage.

• It's all based on the individual

• Plus, a President basically has to be married for social reasons. A NASA scientist may be smart with science, but doesn't mean they're smart with people. Plus, if you spend your whole day at work, you might as well come home to something.

• It is stupid to idiots who believe in the policy of 'use n throw - hunt fresh prey'

• Marriage is an outdated tradition is all. I'm not a MGTOW though, I still want a partner; I just don't want to get married and not only because of the legal stuff but because the whole ceremony and procedure seems like a huge uncomfortable pain.

• the people of GAG are well, not very bright

• More from Guys
    3

What Girls Said 4

• People say marriage is stupid because they're scared to submit. Marriage is beautiful and although people can unite without being married - it's a label, it seals them together. Some people don't want that I guess.

• How exactly does marriage entail 'submission'? Are you saying that wives should submit to their husbands, and be owned by them? Or that husbands should submit to their wives, and by owned by them? Because that doesn't sound beautiful to me, it sounds like a slavery contract. And n-one wants to be a slave.

• It's a lot more than just a label. See my opinion here
      www.girlsaskguys.com/.../q2052142-why-do-u-marry

• @SinghSong no i meant submit to each other. For example, when a married couple argue, theyre not gonna think "oh no theyre gonna break up with me." Whatever, everybody's entitled to their own opinion. If you dont wanna get married one day, good for you. At the end of the day what matters is we do what we want to do (as long as it doesn't harm others).

• I'm not saying marriage is dumb, but I will say intelligent people make dumb decisions. You have to make the right decision for you and your partner. Marriage for some would be a terrible mistake, for others it is wonderful.

• Lol marriage is only stupid to people who can't commit to a life long relationship with someone.

• Or those that understand contract law.

• You're dealing with several contracts here. First is the social contract. Women walked away from their half decades ago, yet expect men to continue to be bound by their half. When one party breaches a contract, that contract is void.

Second, there is the actual marriage itself, which is a contract between a man, a woman, and the State. Most of the State's involvement isn't obvious until one party wishes to end the marriage, or the woman starts to realize just how much power she gained the minute the man signed the paper.

• Let's say that you and I decided to go into business together. We form a contract that mirrors the marriage contract, only you get the 'male' half and I get the 'female' half. That means that you assume all the risks and responsibilities, I get all of the benefits. You are held liable for anything I do, but have NO power to influence my actions or prevent me from doing anything. I have the State and its minions at my neck and call, and they are eager to lock you up based on nothing more than an accusation from me. And, if either of us decides to abolish the contract, not only will you have to give me AT LEAST half of everything, regardless of how little (if anything) I actually contributed, but also in most states you will be required to make monthly payments to me so that I can maintain the lifestyle I'm accustomed to.

Any lawyer that advocated that you sign that contract would be disbarred.

• who said marriage is stupid and useless in the first place? marriage is a sacred bond between a man and a woman

• Right... which is why it's been turned into a gameshow several times over, and gays are marrying and people are marrying their pets, etc. in the US, it's nothing more than government contract.

In this day and age it's basically a man saying "I will bet 1/2 my present and future earnings that I will love you forever."