What do girls have to offer?

What makes a guy decide he wants to spend the day with his girlfriend as opposed to his best guy friend? other then the sexual benefits, I obviously understand that. For me, I understand what makes me want to spend the day with my boyfriend, but I have trouble understanding what would make him want to hang out with me, instead of his best friend. so I can't help but think he's telling me a white lie just to avoid me getting mad at him for choosing his best friend over me.

my boyfriend and I are great together, we love the same things, we have the same humor, and we always have things to talk about... but sometimes I just wonder, why would he want to hang out with me? he tells me it's his favorite thing to do, but I guess..
it's just hard for me to understand a mans attraction to a woman... since I am a straight woman. what personality traits do women have that interest men?

Most Helpful Guy

• guys and girls aren't always THAT different . . . I bet the reasons he wants to spend the day with you are similar to the reasons you like spending time with him . . . sounds like you're not giving yourself enough credit! ;)

hopefully people want to be in a relationship with someone they ENJOY. it's comforting to spend time with someone that likes you and you have fun with. It there's a really connection it's just a nice thing. I enjoy spending time with my girlfriend because she's funny, smart, creative, makes me think, is interesting . . . because I love her and love finding out more about her and because there's a connection and an energy between us.

What Guys Said 11

• [ what personality traits do women have that interest men? ]

- That's the key to your question.

Here's the answer of what interests me:

- Can she be fun and not just "funny"?

- Can I trust her to not betray the trust I'm giving her?

- Can I feel comfortable around her, and know that she loves me?

- When times are tough, can we talk things out without resorting to breaking up?

- Does she have priorities in her own life, is she going somewhere?

etc

And additionally, because I'm a man that enjoys certain endeavors:

- Can she make me "crave" her, or go insane from interactions (sexual or non sexual)?

- Do her kisses make me want another?

- Do her hugs show enjoyment? (Or is it just another chore to her? *grr*)

etc

~ ArtistBBoy

• Your soft skin, lips, smell, personality, laughter, your tendency to help us make better decisions when your around us, the boost we feel when others see us as a happy couple, the feeling of being our true selves around you.

Yea, there's nothing like hanging out with a woman.

• Generally I prefer my wife's company..she knows me better than anyone, I can tell her things I couldn't tell anyone else.

• It's a measure of companionship really. But there has to be fun. The best things you can do together are the same things he would do with his best friend.

• it's hard to put it in words but a guy just enjoys ur company.y do people like dogs?there is no logical explanation.i love my dog.he's so cute. it helps if you have things in common.guys love to just talk to girls just like girls love to talk to guys.u feel good just being with each other. well I don't have a best friend but I guess u'd say my dog is.sure is nice to have a girl there too.if he truly loves u,he adores you without sex.

• Making comparisons between Girls and dogs, I think that's slightly thinner ice to be skating on than perhaps you first intended XD

• Lmao, that's funny comparing girls to dogs, but I guess its true

• He probably gets emotional support from you that he doesn't get from his friends. I can certainly understand wanting to be with someone you really truly love more than one of your buddies. think it was probably an honest statement.

• Sometimes doing the relationship kind of stuff is fun too. I used to like taking my exgirlfriend to downtown Orlando or Tampa just to walk around all day, and that was more fun than going to the club with friends.

• At the end of the day it comes back to and down to sex. Companionship is great, so is spending time with the s/o...but at the end of the day we are such sexual creatures. We are wired different...or at least that is what I think. Like going out drinking, laughing and making fun of people is more for the guys. Poker, sports, etc = guy stuff. Not that me and my girl don't do those things together...its just different when we do those things together. So our time together is more shopping (her thing), foot massages, more shopping. She loves when I spend time with her adn I choose to do those things with her, but a guy just can't live like that alone --- guy time is very important in any relationship if you ask me.

• Its just the feeling with being around a girl that guys like. They don't get that kinda excitement when around guys.

• The same reason you spend time with him?

Isn't that obvious?

• loyalty, good cooking skills and an abundant willingness to suck my d***

What Girls Said 1

• It depends on compatibility and if you guys can connect (communication wise)

my boyfriend and I have similar humour, we both have the same goals or at least similar, and he cares-stops to make sure I'm alright.

He won't do something that I don't want to do etc. respect is key. If I'm down, he notices. Let him have his time. Guys need time with their friends just like Girls do too.