Girls would you go for a man that has less schooling than you?

Would you like a guy that does not have the same level of schooling than you? My bachelors or master or PH. D. Ladies.

Is it a requirement for you?

i had a long talk with a friend about this topic and he says yes but I say not nessesarily, but I'm not a girl so let's hear from you?

Most Helpful Girl

• Ahah my husband and I are both dropouts. I dropped out at a higher level of school than he did, so, the answer is "yes".

The things that MATTER in a partner are:
    • Integrity
    • Strength of character
    • Shared values, with which to raise our children
    • Self-awareness
    • Focus in life (committed to a few things/people -- not a dilettante with constantly fluctuating interests)
    • Empathy
    • Passion
    • Raw attraction

How much does schooling have to do with ANY of these things?
    Nada.
    Zero.
    Nothing.

Let's get real kids. "Valuing formal education" is a very thin, very transparent veil for "I want $$$$". We may as well admit it and get it over with.

• Yeah you hit the nail in the head sort of speak... you hit the answer that I was looking for but didn't know it was out there.

I see now that share values and all that you mention, this qualities are more important, more lasting and primordial. I'm starting to see what is real and separate fake and shallow in people with the realness or what is a true priority in looking for a partner. Thank you for answering.!

• Yeah... LOL a lot of people don't realize these things for a while. Sometimes it takes them a divorce or two to realize that the things they thought mattered, don't really matter.

• Yes that's right and I'm realizing this early on as a single man to know what to look for and what really matters..!

Most Helpful Guy

• You kinda' see a pattern reading the women's responses. From what i've seen the older you get, the more women/men realize how little it matters.

I love how it just focuses on degree level and not what they studied. Seriously now, my buddy has a masters in American History not very bright. Like at all. How him having a Masters alone matters is beyond me.

Less men enter college every year. You're basically cutting of a segment of men because they might not grasp your "superior intellect". Most will likely soften this requirement as they get older.

What Girls Said 25

• Yes. It doesn't matter to me as long as he has a job and can support himself. I'm not one of those people who believes your worth is determined by such things

• I don't want to say it's a requirement, but I'm currently going for my Bachelors, which is pretty basic these days. If he doesn't have one, I'm going to wonder why. And life happens. I get it. That's why it's not a requirement, but I'm obliged to say at least a Bachelors in most cases. I plan on pursuing a Masters, so again, that could lift it. Education plays a role in global awareness, ability to hold deep meaningful conversations, and having similar goals/interests. Not always, but generally speaking.

• Yes, less schooling doesn't mean less successful and it certainly doesn't mean less intelligence. If a man has lesser education than me that is certainly alright. So long as he is successful within his own life that he can depend on himself and achieve his dreams.

• The particular level or type of education doesn't matter to me. What matters is that he is able to contribute equally to our shared lifestyle and that he's intelligent enough to be able to hold interesting and meaningful conversations with. Couldn't care less if he's a doctor, a plumber or a desk jockey... just want someone who is my equal and who I respect and admire.

• I am dating someone who has less schooling that me. I care more about passion, ambition and drive than I do about formal schooling.

• I'm not sure. I'm going for my bachelors and would prefer someone who put in the same effort as I am/did. I also feel like we'll be able to connect more and have more to talk about. But if I met someone who had less schooling but was still making something of his life then I would consider it.

• I don't need him to have a degree/diploma, but I want him to be well-read, smart and challenging. Otherwise I would loose interest very soon...

• It's wouldn't bother me if he has less of an education than me once he has ambition and goals. I don't want a school dropout who doesn't want to do anything but sit around living on the social welfare it's not attractive.

• I could care less but it would be nice if he had those degrees.

• Yes, it doesn't bother me. a lot of people are far more successful without higher education. As long as your doing or trying to do what you love i have no problem.

• I've only graduated high school. so, no.

• No I don't think I would. I have a masters --- a bachelors I would consider but anything less I don't think I would be interested. Sorry to be shallow but it's the truth.

• yes i would and am

• No. I'm 22 and I have a Master's degree. Education is very important to me. My boyfriend has a Master's degree as well and he wants to do PhD.

• Um... no I don't. I like to date those guys who holds a degree... I know its rude but I can't help it. I'm a civil engineer, myself that's why I want an active mind to keep up with me.

• I think forigner girls are far than our indian girls. Thats why i like more then our indian girls.

• There are many guys that have more schooling than I do lol

• He would have to have at least some schooling after high school, whether it be a trade or a college degree.

• Personally no, but it depends on his income to be honest.

• Bachelors at least

• Bachelor's is a bare minimum for me. BARE

• Yes. I will be working on my Master's degree soon-ish, but he doesn't have to be at the same level as me. As long as he has a high school diploma, and we have things in common and can communicate then it's fine.

• Glad to hear that. I have a semester of college and a degree in music but it doesn't help much. Good to know I won't be look down upon. Thank you for commenting

• No problem! I don't look down on others for things like that at all.

• Yes. I have a college degree. My boyfriend didn't even graduate high school. He dropped out to open a restaurant. He makes as much money as I do, but unlike me, has no student loan debt.

• No I'd rather you have self awareness than a degree and aren't aware of your feelings. But there are different types of intelligence. You could be intelligent in art, music etc... If you have passion and drive and you are self aware that's all that matters to me.

• Yeah, I'm getting my masters but my crush doesn't have a college degree.

• I have a masters and make double what my boyfriend makes. He has a bachelors. And we're good together :) school and income aren't that important in the grand scheme of things

What Guys Said 11

• That is a very good question.
    I have found that women will say the first thing that comes to mind in response, even though the contrary could be true as well.

Ask a woman if penis size matters? 8 out of 10 will say yes, but in reality that is not true.
    Ask a woman if she prefers men who demonstrate chivalry? 9 out of 10 will agree even when they are married to men who demonstrate none.
    Ask a woman if she would consider a relationship with a man who has a lesser salary? 7 out of 10 would answer no when quite the opposite is true when the man stays home to raise the family.

The question is good. The answers are unreliable

• The ghetto wouldn't exist if they didn't

• I'm working on a bachelors and I've been accepted to medical school, so I'm not offended by all the women who say the won't consider a man without a bachelors. Ladies who won't date a man without a bachelors, you wouldn't consider a man who never went to college that is a licensed contactor and owns a business and makes more money than you? There as a lot of intelligent people without degrees.

• Only overly pretentious women will care about this, the income and stability of the man's job is REALLY what matters.

• Who cares what they want. If you're worried about what degree will attract girls you're not much of a man

• They would. Because unless it's science, technology, engineering, or mathematics, most college degrees are worthless.

There are guys who drop out of high school even, yet they make bank, since they're self-taught mathematicians and computer programmers.

It's all about how much money the man makes.

• education doesn't equal intelligence ya know?

• i once read about what it requires to donate sperm and you had to have a college degree and if you were going for a PH. D you were paid more per sperm donation. men that have donated sperm have said that they were kind of encouraged to get a PH. D and when you didn't have a college degree you did simply not even apply because they would never be able to sell your sperm.

• You don't need a bachelor to make money. People on construction sometimes make just as much or more than people with degrees sometimes.

• Wow a lot of girls here are shallow. A degree doesn't dictate intelligence level or income.

• I sort of wonder how you girls view self study and professional accomplishments VS further study.
    I have my BSC in Physics but I taught my self to build software after that rather than pay a ton of money to do a masters or second bachelor's in computer science would you see my portfolio of everything iv published as equivalent to a masters or is it only the paper you care about even though the work i did has probably been more useful than a masters would have?

• I don't know what women in general value, but I would value this approach more than some paper...