26-year-old virgin (female) - what do guys think... serious answers only please?

So I'm 26 and still a virgin. I went to an all-girls' high school and between family issues and just hormones ended up with an anxiety disorder that made my life hell. I spent most of college just healing from that situation and getting to know myself again after that.

I'm pretty happy with who I am as a person now. I'm a model, have a good personality and plan on going to grad school soon. I have a baby face and I'm slim built, so I'm often mistaken for a teenager but I never lie about my age.

I just need advice on how to approach dating... I've dated but nothing serious. My whole thing is I want to get to know someone and be friends first. My friends think I should sign up on a dating app but even they don't know this stuff about me - so I don't know if it's a good idea for me.

First of all, how do guys feel about this? Second of all, any tips from girls/guys on how to approach dating?

Serious answers only, please!

Most Helpful Guy

• I'm not entirely sure what the direct question here is but I'll give it a shot for you. Being a virgin is fine. Most guys will find that attractive. Your emotional baggage might be a bit much for most people but there is an equal amount of men out there who can handle such things. New to dating at 26 is not the norm but the innocence and naïvity towards romance may turn some men on. Self confidence is big. Don't hold sex for too long especially if you want a man who is experienced in the bedroom. Online dating is a bad option if you want a friendship then relationship. I suggest taking a Meyers Briggs personality test and use that to find your ideal partner. That'll tell you what to look for if you really need it. You can find that at http://www.16personalities.com/ I used that site to find the personality for my girlfriend and we are happy as can be so I personally swear by it. That's what I have for you. Hope I helped!

Cheers!

~Jarhead

Most Helpful Girl

• well being a virgin doesn't matter because you don't have to tell the guy if you don't want to and he probably won't notice in the end. (my boyfriend never did and still doesn't know)

honestly coming from someone with depression and anxiety it is really good to get to know someone and get comfortable with them before dating, make sure you can trust them and that you have things in common. i met my boyfriend at university and got to know him for a whole month before we started dating and buy then he already knew about my problems and was fine with them and made sure o be careful with me to not spark my anxiety. being friends first is very good in my opinion

What Guys Said 12

• Noo don't do a dating app. Pretty women find it annoying so I've heard you get countless messages to the point it's annoying. Apparently lots of guys just want sex on any dating app so it don't matter.
    Being a virgin isn't a bad thing so don't sweat about it. Just make some friends first and see. If you have anyone in mind be more flirty with him and stuff like that. For dating just be yourself. Dont change for a guy. You want someone who will like you for who you are and not because of just your looks.

I feel like I know who this is 😜 haha

• Online dating and dating apps are not something I would go for, I like to know the person face to face and have that connection instead.
    Now it all depends how you look at relationships and what you expect from them. I am always always honest and expect the same in return and I always tell people to be upfront about things, its better that way.

I say approach dating by making friends first, build a social circle of people you can trust and you will meet more people from there. Eventually you should meet a man you are interested in and that would understand you and be right for you.

• im in the same boat honey, just im not a model. as far as being a man, when a girl ask you "what you never had a girlfriend?" i seems to turn em off.
    for a guy, it looks weird being like this - people starts thinking you're either gay or worse, not normal

im trying to win my shyness and date women right now. its not like i never had sex like in your case, just... i dont enjoy it doing it with everyone.

if i would in you, i would just try to approach a guy you like and flirt. is easier for girls. i dont want to sound like an asshole but... it is. be more confident and ask him to ask you out straight. he may be pleasantly surprised :)

• Being 26 and a virgin is no big deal. You are young and there are plenty of virgins your age.

Best advice: Get to know what a player looks like so you don't waste your time.

• Well you can start here (ME)...
    On the first note I would suggest to know what you want first. Does this person need to make 6 figures a year, be over six feet tall, have a 9 inch dick, own a beach house; you need to set your standards first. Second, you need to put yourself out there more, women complain about being lonely but won't give men a shot, so just open up more. Third, have fun and take a chance; we have one shot at life

• Avoid the dudes who actually like that you're a virgin, I'm talking about the guys who wanna "break you in" because nobody's been there before and you're "fresh".

• it is not your virginity that would bother me but your anxiety disorder.

• I know that you are not going to like my opinion, but I would assume that you have a very low libido.

• That's not true. Virgins can have high libido too. It's called self control and not paying attention to what your body wants. Just because I'm a virgin, and have a normal sex drive, it doesn't mean I go masturbate or go look for sex. Because I don't. I'm sure she is interested in sex. But she has to be wise and selective of what she wants and doesn't want in a relationship. That is what's important. A person who has a higher drive is going to go look for a partner at some point, or get married.

• You're not too old, I think it can be seen as cute. I wouldn't see it as being a big deal in a relationship, certainly not a bad thing.

• Try to find a one that you can imagine you're spending your life time with, and don't complicate

• Dang sounds like a hollywood scripted movie :)

• You'll lose it eventually.. Just find your right man

What Girls Said 3

• Just be yourself, and make your intentions clear if you don't agree with anything. Nothing wrong with you be a virgin. I'm the same as you, baby face, slim, etc. But dating online is a no-no. Most of them are liars, perverts and just want sex. Many of them may be secretly abusive, sexual predicators, rapist, etc. I'm not saying all are, but you have to be very careful. And I don't agree with online dating instead of face to face, because they can easily conceal themselves.

• Is there someone that you are friends with/have been friends with already? If someone likes being around you already and there is a mutual friendship and attractiveness I would say start there. You don't have to worry about creepers or people that just want to get in your pants. They like you for you, and that's what is important first. These new apps and stuff that are out there are so sketchy (for the most part).

• I think virgin people overthink about it. You're 26 and virgin and what now? There's nothing saying that you should lose your virginity at some age. We all are different, the only right age to lose your virginity is when you're ready for it.