Girls, are 'extreme' (tatted and pierced) girls interested in clean-cut guys?

I'm very attracted to a girl who works out at my gym. She's in amazing shape and I think she's really hot, but I'm not sure she'd be into me. She's an 'extreme' girl, i. e. she's tatted and has quite a few visible piercings. The thing is, I'm the opposite, totally clean-cut without a single tattoo. I'm in good shape and have no problem getting dates, but I'm just not sure that this girl would be interested me. Do girls like this ever go for clean-cut guys, or do they mostly want guys who are like themselves?

20

Most Helpful Girl

• Im a goth with tattoos and piercings and most guys I have dated were clean cut or "normal" if thats what people call it. Talk to her and see what happens. Maybe compliment her on her tattoos or piercings to break the ice? A couple of guys have done this with me and I thought it was nice.

• Are you into jock-type guys, i. e. guys who lift weights, have muscle, are into sports?

• Sometimes I am. Honestly I like a guy on who he is. Im someone who likes a guy that has similar interests as I do but it doesn't have to be everything. I have dated a jock type before, a couple of book worms, a couple of popular guys it varies lol. I say as long as you are nice and have just one or two things in common you are alright for me to date. This girl might be the same.

What Girls Said 19

• Lol, you are so cute. I swear, it's like you're thirteen. (I mean that in an "it's adorbs" way, not in a condescending way.)

When people go for the "alt" look, they are ALWAYS doing it for a reason, or to send a message of some kind. They have SOME burning desire to life a live that is, in some way, non-mainstream.
    This is more true with large-gauge piercings and large conspicuous tattoos, since those are the ones that can't really be removed -- i. e., they signify a PERMANENT commitment to being "alt" in whatever way.

So -- the question isn't really whether she'd be attracted to you. Dude! Girls like hot boys. If you are a hot boy, girls of all kinds will like you.

The question is whether (1) you can understand and empathize with her personality, and "get" her in general, AND (2) whether you are down with her choice of lifestyle, whatever that may be.

#1 is where she may test you big-time. If she is a punk rocker and you don't look punk at all, she'll test yr ass HARD -- consciously or otherwise -- to make sure you understand her, her values, and her lifestyle, and that she's not just a quick fuck for the sake of variety ("catching 'em all", sex style).

As far as #2 -- well, as an example, if she likes to take party drugs and rage all weekend long at concerts and suchlike, then, are you down for that? And are you down for hanging with her social circle, who (probably) mostly look like her and don't look like you?
    If so, then go for it!
    If not, then, be honest with yourself -- after you get to know her, but before you end up deep into a relationship where breaking up would suck ass.
    (I'm NOT implying that all, or even most, alt girls are druggie ragers... I'm just trying to give you an example of something that's more likely than normal to be an obstacle.)

I personally think diverse couples -- whether they be black/white, fat/thin, old/young, or alt/square -- are cool and fascinating asf, because I know FOR SURE that they are looking beyond the surface and are genuinely *into* each other. And it's fucking awesome when lovers are totally into each other <3
    So... You miss 100% of the shots you don't take, so I say go for it. But remember, you may need to prove yourself just that extra bit.

__

@takemaker You said you were into the alt thing for a while -- Lmk what you think.

@rjgraveytrain Interested in yr opinion too.

• You calleth upon me my lady and I shall deliver.

• Thanks a bunch. I agree with you, the most powerful kind of attraction is usually with those we would have never chosen before we actually came into their presence. I guess if nothing else at least I've learned that I have a powerful attraction to badass girls.

• <3 <3 Stop making me like you so much ahah

• This is the beautiful thing about women; our exterior appearance is only the pretty wrapping paper we choose to wear. In many ways it's reflective of us, and in many ways it's a preference. Take it from a girl who is famous for having extremely coloured hair when I say that you should only take our exterior appearance with a grain of salt, because we may just surprise you with our values and opinions.

You never truly know a girl until... well, you get to know her. I am personally close with a lot of piercing/tatted chicks and a lot of them are just regular girls who date regular guys. Sure, you'll meet the really hardcore types who stick to their own "pool" sort of speak, but that's just sort of the chance you have to take with any girl, regardless of style. You never know if you're they're type until you try.

So, go for it. As long as you're attractive, interesting, and the two of you can jive, I doubt your lack of "hardcoreness" is going to be much of a factor for her.

• Okay, thanks so much for taking the time to reply.

• Oh, I thought you were saying "no" with the "-ish" qualifier tacked on, like, "I'm tired-ish."

• Solid advice as always.

Damn I still wish I could've had obnoxious neon hair at yr age. Like, Harajuku-girl hair. Fuck, I even hung out *in* Harajuku itself, when I lived in Tokyo. But nope couldn't.

• As a girl with tattoos and piercings I can honestly say that it doesn't make a difference to me. If you're hot, you're hot and if you're not your not. Though if you're hot, some tattoos & piercings in the right places are definitely a bonus. Stephen James, for instance. I think he's a total hottie but definitely wouldn't be such an eye catcher without his tattoos.

s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/.../...532f7474d1.jpg

• That's exactly what I'm afraid of. I get the feeling that most tatted/pierced girls view clean-cut guys as boring or unattractive.

• Like in twink porn there is always this guy with lots of tats and piercings who likes it in the ass.
      I swear im not trolling , its just his face and vibe.
      I dont enjoy gay porn by the way if thats what u think

• @Correctfemale hahaha no judgement 😂

• They mostly have their eyes out for guys with tattoos as well (if they are like me). But what do I know, I am just one example. Oh wait... my boyfriend has no body modifications what so ever and I am crazy for him...

Nevermind dude, go for it.

• Having tattoos and piercings don't always reflect your personality. My mom is the mother of 3, works at the Salvation Army homeless shelter, and takes care of pretty much everyone, and she's covered from the neck down with tats and has her tongue, nose, ears, and eyebrow pierced. That's definitely not something that you'd expect from a person covered with tattoos and piercings. All you can do is go for the girl, and if she rejects you because of the fact that you aren't a coloring book, then she isn't worth the trouble.

• As a tatted and pierced girl, I tend to go for guys on both ends of the spectrum. It's a personal thing, and everyone is different.

• Yeah, why not! Just because she's tatted doesn't mean that she wants someone tatted.. you have a shot.

• I'm an innocent blondie and my f buddy is this super beautiful Ghanaian stud with several piercings and huge gauges so that worked for me ;) but he's totally desperate so he'll probably bang anyone at this point, I am for sure not his first choice :D

• I think it depends. You said you have no problem getting dates, so I'm guessing you're attractive? Are you tall and muscular? Do you have an interesting personality?

• Yes, I am tall (6'1") and visibly muscular, but not like a bodybuilder or anything. Whether I'm interesting or not depends on who I'm talking to.

• Well, girls are girls. A tall, muscular guy is hot to most girls. I think it comes down to whether you can make a connection with her. I think physically she'll be into, especially given that she works out and will probably really be into muscle, but it's all about that game if you really want to get her. Just talk to her and see how it goes.

• If "extreme" girl doesn't like you because of your clean-cut then you should find a new chick who isn't shallow

• I agree, but I could still have fallout from the rejection.

• In all honesty I don't think you being "clean" and her being "extreme" should matter, chat her up if you're really into her and see what happens, no need to judge based on first appearance :)

• I don't think it should matter, either, but appearances are the only thing we have to go on at first before we start talking.

• I still say just take a chance and see what happens :)

• Me
    =
    21 piercings + 1 tiny tattoo. I almost exclusively date men who have neither.

• Are you generally into jock-type guys who lift weights and play sports?

• Well, I'm not a fighter or pro (read: steroid) bodybuilder, but I do spend a lot of time working on my body. Some girls don't like it, some really respect it.

• I am all about fitness and self improvement.
      I dont really socialise with or date people who aren't.

Cheers xo

• R u bald? U seem like a steve Willis kinda guy

• @TayTay21 LOL well, I'm going to talk to her tonight.

• @asker get it big boy ;)

• I am the same way as you just ya know.. Opposite lol
    I like a guy that has a nose piercing and ears pierced, tatts, etc. But I literally do not have a single piercing or tattoo colored hair or anything.

• My friend has sleeves, hair goes from Blue to green to red to any other shade you can think of. She likes any guy who's hot and treats her well.

• Thanks for the reply.

• I'm tattooed and pierced. My boyfriend is clean cut. I would do absolutely anything for him.

• I don't think so. Remeber, like attracts like

• I'm a girl like that and yeah I like "clean" guys.

• Have you ever dated a clean-cut guy?

• Jock has a different meaning in my language, I'm sorry. But yeah I like that type

• Just out of curiosity, what does "jock" mean in your vernacular?

• Yeah opposites usually attract. Me personally, I don't have a type, if you're attractive to me, I'll go for you. I've liked clean cut guys, nerds, athletic types, bad boys, literally everyone. Just go for !

• Are you tatted/pierced?

• You never know unless you try, right? Its always better to go for it, and have a higher chance of getting a positive response, then to dwell on what could have been. If you say you have no trouble getting dates, it most likely means you're attractive. Girls never say no to attractive guys, even if they don't particularly fit into their niche.

• But that's the thing, girls most certainly *do* turn down attractive guys. Girls value very different things from one to the other. I've dated girls who thought I was a 10, and I've had other girls tell me that I didn't even have a chance with them.

My real issue with asking out this girl is that a rejection would have consequences for my gym time, like I'd probably feel the need to avoid her. I could end up as the loser who asked her out and got rejected. I can't really switch gyms easily, so it's a concern.