How should I react in this situation?

Short version :

I'm dating this guy I like. It's been a few weeks.

Old crush (a few months back) contacted me again recently. Nothing had happened between us because he's leaving the country in September for an exchange year. We both agreed to wait.

Old crush wants us to meet before he leaves, says he misses hanging out.

I still kinda have feelings for Old crush, but I really like new guy too.

--------> What to do?

• Don't accept Old crush's invitation out of respect for new guy
  • Go out with him, but tell him you're dating someone
  • Go out with him, but don't mention anything about the new guy

Most Helpful Guy

• Be honest with Jean-Jacques. Or he might leave you before September.

• But we're not officially dating. I don't want him to think I'm asking for his permission, which I'm not.

• Thanks. And as usual, you're right.

And no hahaha, but these are pretty typical names for sure ;p

• If you're serious about Jean-Jacques and he's serious about you, expect him to not be happy. He might even want to come along when you meet Pierre. The fact he's going away in September doesn't exclude a night, or several weeks, of crazy love-making in July and August. I'm not saying you want that but Pierre probably does (he's a man and men are like that). That doesn't mean you have to allow Jean-Jacques to come, but there won't be a deep trust since you've not known him long and if you declare your right to independence so early, there might never be trust. I'm not saying it's right but, again, if he said he was innocently meeting his "old crush" from only a few months ago and you couldn't come but it's alright because she's away in September, would you relax?

Good luck in any case.

Most Helpful Girl

• You shouldn't meet with the old crush I think. That's just trouble.

What Guys Said 4

• You can go out and just tell him ur seeing someone. If he's leaving in September nothing is gonna happen and u want to keep the door open just a tiny bit until you are sure with the gym guy.

• Depends, are you more loyal to the guy you're dating, or yourself, how would you feel if the boot was on the other foot?

• Id say no and it's cuz I know how old feelings work. You meet up with this old crush and all the feelings will come rushing back and then your stuck on him while he's gone. Kinda gotta get over him too ya know?

I'd say just go with the new guy and see where that goes. Maybe lunch or something with the old guy just for saying goodbye.

• B! You're not even in a relationship with the current guy you're dating. So experiment a little

What Girls Said 3

• Do either the first or second choice.

• I voted B. The big question I ask myself when I'm in this situation is: Would you care if the new guy went on a date with someone else?

• Y'a pas de mal à voir l'ancien si t'es honnete à propos du nouveau...

• Ouais c'est ce que jme dis aussi. Rien ne va se passer de toute façon.