How soon would you consider ok to get into another relationship after a breakup?

I know its different for everyone, but I want to know what YOU think is reasonable.

• Next day
  • Next week
  • Next month
  • A couple months after
  • Many months after
  • Next year
  • A couple years after
From the poll, most girls said anywhere from next month to many months after, and then most of the guys said the next day lol. Interesting.

Most Helpful Guy

• As soon as you're over your breakup... Plus you can do whatever the hell you want... If you want to date someone five hours after breaking up... HEY... I say knock yourself out...

What Guys Said 18

• Depends on the break-up, and why?
    My last was a mutual thing, and she got a GREAT JOB in London. I can't move there, now, for family reasons, but we 'broke up' amicably, not wanting to do the "long-distance thing", but also knowing that we really wanted different things.
    I still love her, in some way, but we aren't 'right' as a couple, so why try to force it, only to make everything bad, later!!
    We broke up in a 'good' way, and I have no lingering issues, or resentment, or anything like that! I really do wish her the very best!! It was a good choice for her, and so what, if we didn't work out?
    Maybe that means that there is someone more WONDERFUL and AMAZING, that will be coming into my life soon!! :)

• Not until you're completely over your last one

• I think it's best to take the time you have been together, convert the number to a lower category (years -> months; months -> weeks etc) and then wait out that number of time.
    So a three month relationship will need three weeks.

But I dunno.

• I've said 2 years, but if you really don't have any feel for this matter yourself, the answer should be NEVER !!

Please don't be swayed by others on this matter.

Okay, most people are saying 1 to 2 months, but then are you most people? Would most people be asking this kind of question here -- I doubt it.

My answer is that it's okay to start again straight away, even with a secret suitor that your ex knows or doesn't know about. But what really matters here is 2-way HONESTY !!

Your self-honesty, your honesty with your new partner, his/her self-honesty and his/her honesty with you.

If you're both honest with each other, then you can even work out together what went wrong with the previous relationship so that you can both avoid the same mistakes, and you can both work out together how to play the new game -- cool, normal or sexy fast !!

And you should judge when YOU are ready, BUT in HONESTY with the new partner you must work out whether he or she is ready too. If one of you is NOT ready, then just be friends until BOTH of you ARE ready, or until one of you is sure it can't work, or until one of you gets an even better offer !!

• T h ere is no right time frame, because everyone is different. I would suggest when your over the past relationship so you can move one with a clear mind

• Whenever you're fully over your ex, people move on at different rates.

• Next minute.

• Not about time. Its only when your completely over the last guy or girl. Then you can date

• I said next day, but realistically, whenever you feel like it. It completely depends on the person and the depth of the relationship.

• I would never date again. Which I've not.

• It depends. 3-6 months at least. But it could take over a year, too.

• there's no rule.. its basically whenever you're over your ex and ready to give your new partner your all

• Option H: Before the one I'm in has ended.

• next day if there's a hotter girl

• My cock is thick as an ariZona tea can.
    99cents

• If you're the dumper can be immediate because you often psychologically moved on before you actually were sure you wanted to end it.

• 2 minutes later when I need to score.

• Immediately.

What Girls Said 4

• When you feel ready.

• I know a guy who broke up with his girlfriend yesterday at the same time while he was breaking up with her over text by the way he was also hitting up another girl.

• When I get over it.

• Whenever I feel like it